Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm??? I own a busa. Speed is not new to me and neither is 155 mph. I was not insulting this guy one bit I give him props I was just saying I think that it takes more ***** to go 0-130+ in 4 seconds on a quad then riding for a while and hitting 120. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Oh well. Congrats you probably have the second fastest quad on here next to daBeech. Not sure what anyone else has on here.

Old 03-06-2005, 04:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yes, faster and quicker are two totally different things. You can gear any bike with moderate horsepower to be extremely FAST, but to being QUICK takes complete power and a great chassis set up. Observation is very important in drag racing, you always want to know what people have and are running and whether it works or not.

when is dunefest? Im working on a project now. lol i could probably give you that running start and still catch ya LOL jk. Beech has 4 bikes that would put the hurt on any raptor. All 4 are 4.2 or faster bikes and im now working on my 5th. lol

Old 03-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

first off. congratz on such an accomplishment! alot of people can talk all they want, but they dont hold the record. i would love to see some step up and take it though!
i also agree with the calsses on engines. start at 50 cc, and then to 125. go to a 250. then to a 400. and so on. keep the frames in stock form, but allow for suspencion and engines to mod to death.
as for offroad racing and speed. i would guess that most quads that can hit 130 or so, would blow up trying to sustain that kind of speed for any lenth of time. then to turn and do it again would be amazing. mad props to anyone who pulls that off.
and for racing a 50 or 80 cc quad. i would bet money that set up right, a 80 cc quad could hit and sustain a 100 mile and hour run. a woman hit a run at 134( i beleave) on a 50 cc bike.
i think having a compition like this would surly pull in all the major quad builders, to hold that record for sales!!!
also, people like debeetch( who has a rep for mad fast) can set up to run in a new kind of race. heck, you have 4( working on 5) i say remod 1 of them, and try for a world record! maybe the first sactioned event may only pull in 5 or 6, but by year 3, i am willing to bet the list would be 50 to 100 strong!!!
congratz again, for setting a new goal for the world of quadding!

Old 03-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mich660griz
first off. congratz on such an accomplishment! alot of people can talk all they want, but they dont hold the record. i would love to see some step up and take it though!
i also agree with the calsses on engines. start at 50 cc, and then to 125. go to a 250. then to a 400. and so on. keep the frames in stock form, but allow for suspencion and engines to mod to death.
as for offroad racing and speed. i would guess that most quads that can hit 130 or so, would blow up trying to sustain that kind of speed for any lenth of time. then to turn and do it again would be amazing. mad props to anyone who pulls that off.
and for racing a 50 or 80 cc quad. i would bet money that set up right, a 80 cc quad could hit and sustain a 100 mile and hour run. a woman hit a run at 134( i beleave) on a 50 cc bike.
i think having a compition like this would surly pull in all the major quad builders, to hold that record for sales!!!
also, people like debeetch( who has a rep for mad fast) can set up to run in a new kind of race. heck, you have 4( working on 5) i say remod 1 of them, and try for a world record! maybe the first sactioned event may only pull in 5 or 6, but by year 3, i am willing to bet the list would be 50 to 100 strong!!!
congratz again, for setting a new goal for the world of quadding!
You just hit it on the head. I truly believe Beech and other extreme engine builders could make the engines needed to take the record. (With caution, an unsuspended drag chassis isn't the best for sustained high speeds-trust me) My mission was to bring the record to the States and then establish a new sport. As of now, Fullbore and ALBA are considering establishing some sort of timing authority to begin recording the world's fastest quads by various category. I'll let ya know how that goes.

Beech, dunefest is the last week of July, beginning on a Wednesday (27th I think-no calendar in front of me). This year, it's being sponsored by ALBA and Fullbore Innovations. There will be ASDA drags and a mx. Let's see if you can hang with the real fast bikes! (kidding)
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

its alot harder to run for top speed than people think. go to this site & see for yourself http://www.scta-bni.org
people saying hiting 200MPH on a bike just put a busa motor in or whatever "you have no idea".
it took 450 rear wheel HP to make a turbo street bike go 240MPH.

the salt flat boys would love you sand drag racers to come out see who is fast.

Old 03-08-2005, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

You're very correct. I didn't want to get too technical, but the experienced Salt Flat guys will tell you about hitting the 'wall'. That's the point where the air, rolling friction, back pressure from the hole you created and a whole bunch of stuff Newton and Bournoulli (bad spelling) cursed us with all work to push you back. At a certain speed, those forces become exponentially greatr than the bikes ability to overcome. For instance, my bike produces 70hp and is geared 15/36 and has modified drive axle gears. It peaks out at 92mph and will not go faster, even though I am 500rpm below redline. If I hit the NOS (set at 30 shots), it only gains 5mph even though it gained nearly 40%hp. That is why we begin to make modifications to reduce aerodynamic drag and replace negative pressure. We move exhausts to centerline (fill the pressure hole), cap rims, eliminate radiator vents, and increase castor. Oh, and yeah, we hit the thruster and really begin to appreciate life!

By the way 344PV, I appealed to the SCTA and Bonneville to accept Quads and was rejected twice. That's why I pursued Guiness. Believe it or not, the SCTA said I could only run the flats if I installed a roll cage. I told them that if I did that, I would die for sure.
They still think these things are balloon tired, unsuspended dinosaurs from way back when. I tried.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

thats to bad they dont understand the ATV's it would be fun. you might need to be out testing when some board members are out just to see you run.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Look for the full article in February 2006 issue Terry. Dunefest is the next following month, March. We just sent it to print. Enjoy.

Ken

Old 12-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Rocket power??????? 122, tell me u went faster! When building a record setting atv what"s the criteria? Whight, size, engine cc, tires, things i would like to know. I am the proud owner of an atv, top speed an easy 135mph. Quick and easy sprocket change 150mph!!!! This is no give me 2 miles and I'll hit 135, this is stand it on end getting there quick 135. Patent pending and affordable I'll be in production in less than a year. Would love to break some records soon!!! Hodgy

Old 12-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

'Grats, man. I can't even start to think how fast that is. Ya sure haveto have had to invest in some developement to get to that point. It ain't gonna be broken anytime soon, that's for sure................

Quick Reply: Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?