ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/193819-have-you-got-what-takes-worlds-fastest.html)

maddog56 03-01-2005 12:54 PM

Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?

Did you add a little meat to the equation since the last time you were here? I dont remember a 727 rocket raptor...

afterburner 03-01-2005 09:21 PM

Originally posted by: coolguy8769
i gotta say that i've been whatching you with this thig since i found out about it . both my cousins are sponsered by alba action (for motorcycle motocross) and live in ramona cali. when they told me to look on the alba website and i saw your raptor i instatly wanted to learn more. i watched all the videos ect. On your second version the one that you have now why did you put those MASSIVE wing type things on the back??

afterburner 03-01-2005 09:23 PM

Coolguy8769, Oops, sorry about forgetting to add a reply. The wings are just for looks during parades and exhibitions. The alba site shows the bike in race form (version 3.0). And, yeah, when it hits, it's a rush.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

afterburner 03-01-2005 09:25 PM

Originally posted by: maddog56
Did you add a little meat to the equation since the last time you were here? I dont remember a 727 rocket raptor...
Yeah, it WAS a re-sleeved 727 for a while. But, we got better performance with the 686 so went back to it. But, when Dirt Wheels did the story, it was still a 727.

afterburner 03-01-2005 09:27 PM

Originally posted by: motox26
I seen that article in dirtwheels and was wondering if that was you. I think it is a great idea. It benefits everybody, the more attention ATV's get, the more machines and products will be available.

I was also wondering about that big wing, does that really help stabilize it?
No stabilization, just looks. The story was done right after I organized the Guiness ATV World Record Parade and they were there for exhibition only. By the ay, that story is in the same mag as the rocket. And I fully agree, the ATV's need the press.

afterburner 03-01-2005 09:30 PM

Originally posted by: 2004LEBANSHEE
Congrats. I saw a bunch about your bike very impressive. But I was wondering what the rules are to the record such as limitations. Because there are shees that hit over 130 in a 1/8 mile drag with banshee engines but thats not a record.
Guiness says you have to have a production bike, no bodywork other than cutting and some minor plastic changes, and you have to sustain the average speed over a full 1/8 mile, two consecutive passes in two directions, off-road, flying start. There are other rules, but we plan to make up different categories and rules as we make this happen. Thanks.

Choky 03-01-2005 09:48 PM

Congrats dude!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Nice touch with the fullbore custom front plastic...even if a little weird [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

jaggers2e42 03-01-2005 10:11 PM

yeah i'm not one to brag but i hit 121.5 on my warrior. it's almot stock but it has scott racing grips on hit.{man they add the horse power} but getting back to my 121.5 run i would have hit 123 but my no fear sticker blew off and that knocked me down to around 60 or so but i'm looking for another sticker so watch out i might just set a NEW WORLD RECORD...i case you had not noticed the sh!t is getting deep on my screen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
congrats on having a kick a$$ toy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

raptorblasterracer 03-01-2005 11:47 PM

i have seen ppl go faster than that b4.....

Yamaha660R 03-01-2005 11:49 PM

Congrat's on the record......it would be a challenge just to stay on a quad at that kind of speed.