Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?

Some of you may have seen the April Dirt Wheels which debuts my rocket powered Raptor. It is also on the Albaaction.com site. What many didn't know was that we broke the Guiness World ATV (Quad) land speed record by sustaining 122 mph off-road, multiple back to back passes under the strict Guiness guidelines for a production ATV. It will be officially set and authenticated in a couple weeks by their rules of acceptance. BUTTTTTT....I didn't start this thread to inflate my ego, rather I wanted feedback on an idea we are kicking around. The reason we set out to break the ATV land speed record was because the Bonneville, SCTA and other U.S. timing authorities will not come out of the seventies and acknowledge Quads. Only Guiness will. By getting world recognition under a sanctioning body, we are now thinking of establishing a timing authority here in the U.S. just for Quads. We would hold meets, much like the folks at the Salt Flats and set up our own guidelines and ATV categories. What does everyone think? Are we just loopy or could there be a few others out there with a need for speed that would like to see if they can be the next hi-speed top dawg?

Old 03-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Congrats on the speed record. Would your sancitioning body support rocket assist? What kind of tires are you running? are they rated for that kind of speed?
Where'd you come up with the rocket and what does it use for fuel? Where can I get one? I promise I won't break your record[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i think ive got what it takes... on my arctic cat.lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

The rocket is handmade and uses PVC for fuel. The sanctioning body, once formed would accept rocket assist as a specific category (we think), and I am using DOT rated tires (I gotta check to see who the manufactuerer is and I'll get back to ya). I see you run a bomber. Believe it or not, we considered using a DS as a platform for the rocket bike since they are much more stable at hi speed, but we had a limited budget. Oh well.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

i gotta say that i've been whatching you with this thig since i found out about it . both my cousins are sponsered by alba action (for motorcycle motocross) and live in ramona cali. when they told me to look on the alba website and i saw your raptor i instatly wanted to learn more. i watched all the videos ect. On your second version the one that you have now why did you put those MASSIVE wing type things on the back??

Old 03-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

I was just readin about it in dirt wheels, the thing is sick it must be such a rush!!

Old 03-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garrett5462
i think ive got what it takes... on my arctic cat.lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah u got that F-22 raptor thrust rocket booster on the back right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I seen that article in dirtwheels and was wondering if that was you. I think it is a great idea. It benefits everybody, the more attention ATV's get, the more machines and products will be available.

I was also wondering about that big wing, does that really help stabilize it?

Old 03-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats. I saw a bunch about your bike very impressive. But I was wondering what the rules are to the record such as limitations. Because there are shees that hit over 130 in a 1/8 mile drag with banshee engines but thats not a record.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.wickedatv.com/duportal30/...deo_082004.wmv
I think there is one in here.

Quick Reply: Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?