Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I want to hear from grizzly owners.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I want to hear from grizzly owners.

I'd like to know what the pro's and con's are on the grizz. What do you use it for? What does it do well, what would you change? Would you buy another if you lost yours? If not what would you buy, and why?

Old 03-05-2005, 02:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to use mine for fast trail riding, especially at Wayne National Forest. I love this machine. It would be a tough decision, though, on what I would buy if my Griz was stolen. There are a lot of great machines out there now. I have an '04 with several mods. One thing I love about it is how readily other Yamaha parts fit (YFZ 450 anti-vibe stem). The only two things I would like to see changed are the fuel mileage and have it sit lower.

Old 03-05-2005, 06:18 AM
ReQ
Trailblazer

Never owned a grizzly but iv rode my friends alot... its so huge i felt like i was on the back of a dinosaur next to my warrior lol but its a nice ride for trails... an i live in florida so there is alot of wicked mudholes around where i ride.. iv been pulled otu of mud i couldnt even walk through by that grizzly after i sunk my warrior in it... great in mud with a set of GBC Gators

Old 03-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

My wife and I love our 04 grizzlys. We ride them in snow ,rocks ,and even at the sand dunes.

Old 03-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Range Rover

i use my grizz for plowing, trailridin,mudding,and all out fast fun riding,/ i love the grizz and would highly recomend it

Old 03-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Grizz's are the best 4x4 out there in my mind. Only downfall to them is the junky stock tires. They are supposed to be 25 inch tires but in true height they are 23inches. I love my grizz. It fast, well too fast for me. Had her up to 70 one day and scared the crap out of me. Hope you make the right decision and get the grizz.

Old 03-06-2005, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

I like the availability of aftermarket parts that are available at a fairly cheap price. You could do a bore and cam job for less than $600.00 and have a bad *** 686 that will kill any stock Grizz (as if a stock Grizz isn't powerful enough).

Old 03-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

The Grizzly is a great machine. I totally love mine. As mentioned, it is great for fast trail riding. I don't like the stock tires and it is a little top heavy. The IRs makes for a smooth ride and it has all the goodies. ( the front diff. lock and the low range )If I lost mine, I'd get another, though. The Grizz is fast and fun. Its also good looking. If you get one, you won't be disappointed.

Old 03-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

My 2005 grizz has been spectacular...have tried to put myself in situations to get stuck and has yet to happen. Only complaint is that it's top heavy but you'll get used to it quickly. If anything happened I'd get another grizz immediatly

Old 03-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Ive had a few quads and the Griz is definetly the best riding quad that I have had. It is very dependable , starts right up, gobs of power , Great for all kinds of riding, hunting, ice fishing,just a good all around quad, easy to mod if you want even more umph.If mine were stolen , I would use the insurance $$ to get another. The things I dont like are few, high center of gravity but you will get used to it, and it could have better stock tires. You will be making a good decision if you do get one, good luck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I want to hear from grizzly owners.