Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ vs Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ vs Banshee

i just want to know where topgunn is doing 76 mph at on m-36 , i grew up right off m-36 in pinckney (right by zuckey lake tavern just so you know where that is ) and its been alot of years since you would have been able to ride a qaud on the street (traffic is nuts now) let alone 76mph

Old 03-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default YFZ vs Banshee

How is it nuts? My uncle lives right there we ride on those horsetrails all the time. You can do 76 mph easy down m36 ive seen many crotch rockets come hauling pass the house at over 100 mph and a guy with a nice id say 69 camaro uses that stretch for a drag strip. Right across the street from the golf course there is a nice straight stretch you can run down.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default YFZ vs Banshee

Originally posted by: bansheecraze32
My shee has never been beat by no YZF or raptor. All mine has on it is pipes & reeds. Power if the 2 stroke is incredible. All will agree. Alot has to due with rider also. I've been riding quads for 12yrs. Also in sand is where the banshee SHINES.

dude i have a yfz 450 sparks pipe filter i have no prob beating piped ect. banshees i ride dumont & glamis racing the hills they are about 500' or so. you need to come out west in the dunes see how you do.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ vs Banshee

[i]Originally posted by: HART[

dude i have a yfz 450 sparks pipe filter and i have Banshee's spank me all the time!!! Banshee's RULE!!!
Now thats more like it.....

Old 03-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default YFZ vs Banshee

Originally posted by: enFORCER
[i]Originally posted by: HART[

dude i have a yfz 450 sparks pipe filter and i have Banshee's spank me all the time!!! Banshee's RULE!!!
Now thats more like it.....

modiffied banshees rule. bolt-on banshees lag at least on OLDS or Comp. got to admit 90% of dudes dont ride worth a crap.

Old 03-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer
Default YFZ vs Banshee

If anyone is interested in trying there yfz on me,I'm available with my lil' 2 stroke shee in N.C..

Old 03-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer
Default YFZ vs Banshee

ok. here is THE deal. I have a 2003 banshee. I have it piped, jetted, twin filters, cool heads, boost bottle(worthless), and i think thats about it. My friend has a white brothers pipe setup on his 2004 450. We did a 600 ft race two weeks ago. Both of us are experienced riders and know how to race. He beats me off the line. But when i get into 4th gear I start to gain on him(by this time, he is maybe two lengths ahead of me.) final outcome, he beat me everytime by about one length. If it would have been another 200 ft, then we would have probably tied. another 300 ft. and I would have beat him by a lenght i bet. thats the DL. NO ONE TRY TO CONTRADICT ME OR CALL ME BS. BECAUSE THAT IS FACT. I WAS THERE RIDING. hopefully this settles the topic. bottom line.... 450 is more bad *** than banshee.... this coming from a hardcore shee guy.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ vs Banshee

Oh no, some people swear piped banshees smoke piped yfzs, others claim they dont, what oh what could it be?!?!? First off, not all banshee pipes are created equal. Neither are fourstroke pipes, but its a much bigger difference. Seconds, most people shouldnt be trusted to hold a jet let alone tune a carb so there are a lot of "jetted" bikes that run like crap. Thirdly, when a bike weighs about 400lbs, a few lbs of rider makes up a pretty big percent. A 150lb guy on 400lb 40hp banshee has 13.75 lbs per hp. A 200lb guy with an identical bike has 15lbs per hp. A 9% change in weight makes a big difference. To compare to cars imagine, a corvette racing another corvette except one has 315lbs of cement in trunk. Which will win? There are too many variables going on here. Even if the YFZ is faster, that dosent make anyone a liar since its very possible to change the outcome in a number of ways.

Old 03-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ vs Banshee

edit

Old 03-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ vs Banshee

Originally posted by: ImASissy
ok. here is THE deal. I have a 2003 banshee. I have it piped, jetted, twin filters, cool heads, boost bottle(worthless), and i think thats about it. My friend has a white brothers pipe setup on his 2004 450. We did a 600 ft race two weeks ago. Both of us are experienced riders and know how to race. He beats me off the line. But when i get into 4th gear I start to gain on him(by this time, he is maybe two lengths ahead of me.) final outcome, he beat me everytime by about one length. If it would have been another 200 ft, then we would have probably tied. another 300 ft. and I would have beat him by a lenght i bet. thats the DL. NO ONE TRY TO CONTRADICT ME OR CALL ME BS. BECAUSE THAT IS FACT. I WAS THERE RIDING. hopefully this settles the topic. bottom line.... 450 is more bad *** than banshee.... this coming from a hardcore shee guy.
your exacly right. through some whoops in there like on most drag hills the 450 really shines.

Quick Reply: YFZ vs Banshee