Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor lawn mower....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor lawn mower....

Does anyone make something you can pull behind a raptor to cut grass. Kind of a crazy question, but I just found out you could get a winch for a raptor. So why not a lawn mower attachment. Oh yea and how fast could you cutgrass with it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

It would probally be cheaper, and more effeicent for you and the quad just to buy a ride on lawnmower.

Old 03-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have seen them, they hook on just about anything. You would have to do a search on the internet but yes I have seen them so they are out there.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Range Rover

i have only seen them for utilities

it might be for sport quads also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All you need is a hitch and you can run one. You may want to find a deal on bulk clutch plates since you'll be wearing through them every few mows.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Range Rover

What the hell are you thinking!!!!!! yes they make pull behind lawnmowers that you can tow with just about anything , but this is a raptor...the greatest sport quad ever!!!! you want to tow a lawn mower with it! You should be castrated and cast to hell for even thinking this up!

Old 03-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got a lot of grass to cut in my yard. About 3 acres. It might be a good investment for a finishing mower for the raptor. The more I look at it them more I think a backbumper could be made to adapt it to pull the lawn mower. Also to address the pulling issues with the clutch. Would it hurt a raptor to ride it in first gear for long periods of time without shifting. As long as you stayed off the clutch and didn't over rev it you should be fine shouldn't you. If this works the lawn mowing companies might need to look out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

I think you may be on to something. Lawnmower companies are just a conspiracy. Same with utility quads, just a scam to make money. All you really need is a raptor with a mower attachment, a plow for the front, and a winch. On the way to the liquor mart you could mow the neighbor's front lawns, plow the sidewalks in the winter, and pull all those other utility quads out of the mud! You've got the makings of a trailer park cadilac!

Soon to be patented...the leaf blower ram air intake on a 67 chevelle.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RiverzEnd
I think you may be on to something. Lawnmower companies are just a conspiracy. Same with utility quads, just a scam to make money. All you really need is a raptor with a mower attachment, a plow for the front, and a winch. On the way to the liquor mart you could mow the neighbor's front lawns, plow the sidewalks in the winter, and pull all those other utility quads out of the mud! You've got the makings of a trailer park cadilac!

Soon to be patented...the leaf blower ram air intake on a 67 chevelle.
LMAO! haha..thats great.

-fox

Old 03-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

The mowers can only be pulled up to 5 miles per hour or it will just be pushing the grass over instead of cutting it.

Quick Reply: Raptor lawn mower....