Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

modding banshee help on some questions reeds pipes ect...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modding banshee help on some questions reeds pipes ect...

i have a 2003 banshee all i got on it now is a pro flow k&n filter and outerwear and a single 35mm trinity carb kit i want to get pipes and reeds now what reeds does everyone prefer i heard the g3's are the best and v force reeds are 2nd best what do you's think? in the future i may want to port get higher compression and stroke it i also dont know what pipes to get i want these mods to give me more bottom and mid but give me a large gain on top range what pipes does everyone prefer and will fit good with a stock port but may switch to getting them ported

Old 03-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

also i ride alot of open places that i want to get up to speed fast and also a good bit of trail riding in the woods with lots of hill climbs and i may start to race on flat track racing and on the track this year

Old 03-08-2005, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

Paul Turner mid range pipe's are nice......There a good bottom to mid range pipe and they still do pretty good on top end as well.....

Old 03-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

i was looking at them do they work well with porting also what does everyone think about reeds do you's like the v force or g3's better and gain more hp

Old 03-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

I have some Toomey TR6 pipes, and Boysen 4mm reeds they are great. And a boost bottle go with that set up with that and a jet kit my shee is running close to 93.

Old 03-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NastyNate03
i was looking at them do they work well with porting also what does everyone think about reeds do you's like the v force or g3's better and gain more hp
My 96 Banshee was not ported, however I have seen several bike's with ported motors that run them.... The guys that do alot of woods and trail riding run them alot... Duncan racing sells them and they have a tech & info # it's 619-258-6306..... As for reeds I'm a big fan of the Delta 2's.... That is if your on gas........

Old 03-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

the only set back on the paul turner pipes is that they are made for more bottom to mid section i was looking for something to give me more bottom end and really shine in the mid and on top and that works good on stock ported motors and on ported because ill be porting my cylinders later on and dont want to buy pipes twice like i said i ride in wooded areas hill climbs and in BIG fields so i want to get the most gains for my money also enFORCER did you get your 535 cheetah runing yet remember i was the one who was asking about it

Old 03-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NastyNate03
enFORCER did you get your 535 cheetah runing yet remember i was the one who was asking about it
Not exactly, still waiting on on the over-ride transmission and the stright cut gears.... Should be about 3 more weeks..... I'm also waiting on a aluminum LSR drag axle....

Old 03-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

well im narrowing my options down to make it alittle less hard to decide ok on pipes i think ill be porting my cylinders maybe bore or put a stroker in it when i get more $ after i buy an exhaust so i want something that will work on that also i want to know your favorites out of these what will give me more bottom end and shine in the mid to top end cpi lrd pro circuits rockets and anyone have a web site on dynoport and for reeds what do you's prefer v force delta 2 or 3 or g3 power curves ill be racing flat track this summer also mx tracks big open fields streets and wooded areas

Old 03-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

if i were u i would choose lrd cpi or rockets maybe even trinity
the reason i added trinity is becuz they shine w/ ported motors
so if i where to rank them for what u r doing id say
1)lrd
2)cpi and rockets
3)trinity
i rank lrd #1 becuz when your riding woods all day adjust it for low end when your gonan b going 5th 6th gear all day set it for top end
cpi and rockers are amazing for super modded banshees and trinity is good w/ ported motors

Quick Reply: modding banshee help on some questions reeds pipes ect...