Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Rod Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 03:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Rod Question

Hey Maddog, Can you post a Hyperlink to weisco crank and rod set-up, i can't find it......thanks in advance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Old 03-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would think that for 200 bucks someone would have tried those by now. Wiseco makes good products, they arent a fly by night company and thier stuff is reliable. These have been out for a couple of months now, has anyone heard anything about them?

Old 03-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Sounds like it would run even stronger with a light weight stroker rod.. Beef her up, You know you want to.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, Wshrdskin: How do you like the motor setup you have? I'm putting a motor together simullar to yours, and have a couple of questions. What kind of power did you gain with the Stage 2 hotcam? What is the sprocket gearing like? Anyone else feel free to replay as well...

Old 03-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hmm, I wonder what a stock rod will bring on ebay...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Honestly though, has anyone seen one for sale?

I'll have to unload that along with some other parts like the old HC and such.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HankTheHammer
Hey, Wshrdskin: How do you like the motor setup you have? I'm putting a motor together simullar to yours, and have a couple of questions. What kind of power did you gain with the Stage 2 hotcam? What is the sprocket gearing like? Anyone else feel free to replay as well...
I like it fine. I was running a 12:1 JE but had a problem with it so I went back to the 11:1 and am trying out the new wiseco 102mm piston this time. The stage 2 cam was a good improvment over the stage 1 cam I had previous. I picked up aprox 4 mph up our hill at Dumont and my son picked up a best of 9 mph with the switch from 11:1 stage 1 cam to a 12:1 stage 2 cam. As I said, tho, I'm back to an 11:1 and have yet to test the hill with it. My setup even with the 12:1 was not an eye opener but it made for some fun races for my 250lb butt and makes the steep hills at Dumont a much easier task. It's just a basic high compression piston, port and cam job. No extra special secrets.

Thanks for the link to the wiseco parts. Looks like $201 and change. That gets you the crank assembly less the left side ncrank bearing and cam gear. Guess you'll have to get those pressed off the old and put on the new Wiseco.

The rods look to be good. Shot peened and all. Gotta be better than stock.

Can only assume they'll match up well with the balancer assembly.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider

Hey everyone. I called wiseco and questioned them about the 201.oo price, and they said it was in fact a typo, it is more like 360.oo something, and that the website did not have any disclaimer on it, but the web site is only for info, not ordering. They were very polite about the situation.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ryenol
Hey everyone. I called wiseco and questioned them about the 201.oo price, and they said it was in fact a typo, it is more like 360.oo something, and that the website did not have any disclaimer on it, but the web site is only for info, not ordering. They were very polite about the situation.
Thats funny, when I called them a month or so again they said that was indeed the price. Bigdaddy called them a day or two ago and got the same info. I've seen them for sale at online retailers for 200 and lower.

Old 03-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

$360 is more in line with other crank assemblies in that pdf file.

Dang Ryenol, I thought I had bad luck with the broken motor parts on my quads. Sheesh. Tho I have had 2 tranny failures not on the same quad and a rod failure, but not on a 2005 model.

Quick Reply: Raptor Rod Question