Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

my raptor pipe is too loud

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my raptor pipe is too loud

I dunno, i would prolly ask about $450 for it. They are like 599 for a new system and it is only about 4 months old, plus it has lifetime waranty and its own individual serial number. It is just sooo loud. This guy I ride with has some FMF powercore something or other and mine just roared over it when we where comparing. You can here the dmn thing echoing off the houses that are near by to me when i get on it. It even annoys me and i like loud noises. I gotta wear ear plugs with it. but It does provide %20 power gains, according to duncan anyway. Plus the duncan has no spark arestor

Old 03-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider

Ill take that pipe off your hands.

although i think you got boned if you paid 599, i paid 450 for mine brand new.
you didnt pay 599 did you?

Duncan warranty IS great!! those guys have great customer service. I took a mid pipe from a yfz( the fisrt ones broke because of teh weak subframe) and they replaced it no hassles!

Old 03-11-2005, 07:00 AM
Range Rover

Good luck finding a QUIET pipe. I have never seen one. My ALBA pipe is great, although it is pretty darn loud, when I put the quietcore in the sound is tolerable. But when you put a quiet core on any pipe it takes away from performance. Yoshi is supposed to be the quietest pipe out I believe it was like to 2 or 3 decibels below the competition. If you can notice 2 or 3 DB then you must have some superhuman hearing or I am DEAF lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2005, 01:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

At Dune Fest last year LTE pipes where the quitest, the ranger even handed out business cards because with quite core the dba is 94. The dual exhaust system also give you 12.9 hp. you should check it out.
lteracing.com

Old 01-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Does anybody know which is louder the pro circuit t-4 slip on or the curtis sparks pipe? My friend has the t-4 and it is really loud and i am thinking about getting the sparks, so which is louder?

Old 01-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Range Rover

i have no suggestions on a quiet pipe....but, my friend tj has a 660 raptor with the complete racing yoshimura exhaust, and that thang is loud as heck!!...u can hear him nonstop, i dotn care how far ahead of me he is....it is wicked, and it has a wicked price too!!!....sorry i couldnt be any real help...liek the other guy said, if u want to go wuiet with the raptor..i guess fmf q series is the only way to go..

2003 grizzly*
full skid plate*
kn filter*

Old 01-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

HMF EcoSystem

Old 01-30-2006, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

loud pipes save lives

Old 01-30-2006, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Loud pipes are fine on the street because you dont stay in one area but most atv riders ride close to residential areas and pople get annoyed very easily. Loud pipes are basically saying "Look at me! I'm over here! Call the cops and complain so my riding area will be shut down!" and it's just plain stupid. You cant really enjoy your quad when you have to worry about revving it too high and having the cops show up becaue of a complaint your nosy neighbor made. Loud doesn't make power. Most exhaust systems make you think you're going faster because it sounds like you are. You get more of an adrenaline rush when you hear that engine roar but if theres any risk at all that you might call unwanted attention to yourself, throw the stock can back on and deal with it. That 3 hp gain isn't worth losing your riding area or even getting your quad impounded or even confiscated.

Old 01-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Hey speedy, "the thing" in your profile looks familiar. Did you guys buy it in Valparaiso on Silhavy road right by the railroad tracks?

Quick Reply: my raptor pipe is too loud