Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I finally Gave In to YFz

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally Gave In to YFz

I just Got A YFZ today.
the bike was 7000 OTd but they got me with warranties and GAp and a Shoei helmet. everything 8500 sounds like alot??

Old 03-14-2005, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Are you rich or something? I need some $2,000-$3,000 right now. Somehow my truck's engine blew up @ 37,000 miles and now I have a VERY expensive POS parked outside. Im kicking myself in the *** for not buying that stupid extended warranty [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

BTW, Congrats!

Old 03-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds kind of high to me, even with the helmet and extended warranty. I would say 7500-7800 otd with what you got.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Does it matter if its a really cool helmet?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

Oooooo Welcome to the Brotherhood of YFZ *stares*

Old 03-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: INSeaRChOFDUNez
Does it matter if its a really cool helmet?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Well the shoei helmets usually retail at 250 or so, sometimes more and they are very nice. There are people who have paid much more and I know the prices are higher out in cali than they are here in the Midwest so I wouldnt worry about it too much. Congrats on the new ride.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Congrats I just bought mine a week ago for 7,600 with the 5 yr extended warranty and a set of nerf bars.

Will

Old 03-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Range Rover

sweet i ride mx tracks alot with a couple of buddies that have 450s
1 is a 450R and 1 YFZ
I had never asked to ride one of their bikes before but i asked to ride the YFZ on the track sunday.
I keep up with em and i am a lil faster than them sometimes on the rappy, but WOW the YFZ is sooooo much faster on the track.
If i had one they couldnt even hang w/me
I did run over myself and hurt my leg pretty bad since he has removed his stock heel guards and i am used to the ac propegs w/ heelguards.
I hit a clump of dirt that bucked up the rear end a lil bit and my foot slipped the peg and got sucked in by the rear tire.
I was in third gear pinned and about to shift into fourth and bam it happened. It stopped so fast it ripped my leg under it and tried to toss me over the bars at the same time. It basicaly pulled the ish outta my leg.
Thus far I am still limping around and in severe pain.
I have a huge bruise on my tummy from the bars, The zipper on my oneal apocalypse pants(over the boot kind w/ removeable legs) rippedoff and cut the back of my leg pretty bad, my knee smashed the footpeg and is killin me ,but my ankle got the worst of it. Thank god for my new Gaerne boots or it for sure woulda been a broke leg.
But by far the worst part was being that dumba** quad guy that runs over himself and gets stuck under the quad while being laughed at by all the dirtbikers while in pain.
Other than that im okay and it definitely made me want a new 450.
I really want to wait and see about the Suzuki before i choose one though, plus moneys gotta be right. i prefer saving and paying at least 5grand down or the whole thing cash

Old 03-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey welcome to the family of yfz 450 owners. your going to love it. i got mine for 7400 out the door and i bought an arai helmet afterwards from a buddy that works for ECC(in san diego). Be sure to throw a pipe and silencer on there with a new air filter, and you'll fly. Congrats

Old 03-16-2005, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Isnt the pipe and silencer the same thing?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

BTW, California is the worst place to look for quads. I called around before we bought the 05 SE and the best price I could get was $6,900 but NO accesories and it was like 4-5hrs away from my house. So we just ended up paying $7,200 and got some pro pegs for $25. I tried to talk them down to $7,000 with accesories but they said no way, not even without the pegs.

Are you gonna sell the raptor now?

Quick Reply: I finally Gave In to YFz