Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I finally Gave In to YFz

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 02:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I finally Gave In to YFz

Originally posted by: caliraptor
Isnt the pipe and silencer the same thing?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Depends on who you are talking to. The way I see it is that a pipe is either a full system or the header, while the silencer is just a slip on canister. On a 2 stroke the silencer is the little can at the end, sometimes referred to as a stinger. A 2 stroke pipe is the head pipe w/ expansion chamber.

Old 03-16-2005, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know teh raptor pretty Fixed up now. I just bought a roll design stem for it like a week ago, its an extended and i cant use it on my YFZ.

if soemone offers me cash for it ill end up selling teh raptor. i wanna keep it but im not gonna ride it that much now that i got a YFZ. might end up on ebay, i dont knwo i still have to think about it.

After i got My YFZ, My Buddy Wanted one too , we picked it up today from teh same place. actually i just came back from droping it off.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: caliraptor
Isnt the pipe and silencer the same thing?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Depends on who you are talking to. The way I see it is that a pipe is either a full system or the header, while the silencer is just a slip on canister. On a 2 stroke the silencer is the little can at the end, sometimes referred to as a stinger. A 2 stroke pipe is the head pipe w/ expansion chamber.
On a four stroke I consider a pipe/silencer the same thing and the head pipe/header same things. On 2 strokes its usually expansion champer or head pipe and the silencer is the thing in the back thats always full of oil (which I hate btw!). I understood what he said, I was just ragging on the noob [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

So can you use the new steering stem with the torchlights? I talked to IMS about it and they said that the clamp was different on the anti-vibe +1 stem than on the stocker. If I can use my trailtech clamp I might be interested in yours if you dont want it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2005, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider

are you intrested in a leager LOng trvel suspension?? with elkas? roll pegs heallgards? fat boy4 exhaust. i just got all this stuff i got t the suspension last year on november. i have a dezert tank never installed.

no the TT clamp clamp doesnt fit teh stem. i couldnt use mine. I hope i can use it on the YFZ.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:41 AM
Range Rover

Insearchofdunes, Hey man from your last post it looked like you were selling suspension parts off your raptor? What would you be willing to part with, I need a good suspension but damn they are expensive! And by the way didnt you have a yoshi pipe you wanted to get rid off awhile back?

Old 03-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

sold it on ebay