Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

FCR 39mm Clearance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FCR 39mm Clearance?

I did not have any clearance issues with Craycrafts setup. It cleared my MBRP and of course the Barker pipes I now have. I hope Mr Barker got his intake setup right for the Raptor.The intake Barker was making was for the best flow. It was a little higher and centered.The tank had to be shimmed and the Throttle was rubbing the frame.Offset spigots are available for the carbs.

I always buy through Craycraft.I got everything I needed all the way down to the fuel line and clamps.All I had to do was port match the intakes to the ports.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

From what I gather. This is a brand new intake design that Tim has installed on my motor. Its the first of motor he has put it on but he designed to take care of the problems you mention SCHOLLE. I will see it first hand in a few days and can throw you a pic when I do.

10.75 compression is what Tim webnt with. I basically gave him free run to do my motor how he knew best to get the most hp out of it while still keeping reliability. I want a fast duner machine instead of a straight drag bike. He has promised me some mad hps out of it and I cant wait to try it out.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: petedog
From what I gather. This is a brand new intake design that Tim has installed on my motor. Its the first of motor he has put it on but he designed to take care of the problems you mention SCHOLLE. I will see it first hand in a few days and can throw you a pic when I do.

10.75 compression is what Tim webnt with. I basically gave him free run to do my motor how he knew best to get the most hp out of it while still keeping reliability. I want a fast duner machine instead of a straight drag bike. He has promised me some mad hps out of it and I cant wait to try it out.
Sounds good Petedog, I heard Tim was moving up pretty fast with the Raptors. As Scholle mentioned, I too have purchased everything from Craycraft and really like the work performed and quality. I just wish all builders were as socialable as Craycraft is. Cant wait to here how your bike runs.

Old 03-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

Call Tim he is as sociable as they come. He really knows his stuff and is sharing his porting / exhaust knowlege with Craycraft and Kenz as well as Sparks. I talked to Bob @ Craycraft before I talked with Tim and was really blown away with the conversations I had with Tim Barker. The guy is super friendly and really knows the 660 motor. He was been working on the 660 engine long before a raptor was even developped. Call him and you will se what I mean. I am very impressed with his overall service and his operations as a whole. Couldnt be happier!!

By the way Tim Barker donated all of his labor and machining work as well as his parts in support of Four Stroke Wars this past Feb. I won the build and just had to buy the misc. parts for the build at his cost. A super generous donation on his part. He was the only one of the BIG builders to make such a donation. That should tell you something right there about what kind of guy he is......

www.barkersbars.com

Old 03-14-2005, 11:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way Tim Barker donated all of his labor and machining work as well as his parts in support of Four Stroke Wars this past Feb. I won the build and just had to buy the misc. parts for the build at his cost. A super generous donation on his part. He was the only one of the BIG builders to make such a donation. That should tell you something right there about what kind of guy he is......

www.barkersbars.com
Or what kind of guy King is...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

The spigot offsets are avalable in 2mm increments if I remeber right. They run about 50 bucks apiece.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Do you need 2? I would hate to spend 100 bucks to get the carbs to fit right after spending so much on the carbs themselves...

The pipe will hopefully be my only issue though.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: maddog56

www.barkersbars.com
Or what kind of guy King is...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Don't think I am slighting King in any way.... HE deserves a huge Thanks too!! We all know that without King there would be no FSW to begin with. I also thanked him several times for what he has done. Mark is a cool guy and I have been in contact with him as well throughout this whole process. I just sent him my airbox he needed for a project. He will be the first guy to say many thanks to Tim Barker for his generous donation. Without people like King AND Tim Barker FSW wouldnt be..........

Old 03-15-2005, 12:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
Do you need 2? I would hate to spend 100 bucks to get the carbs to fit right after spending so much on the carbs themselves...

The pipe will hopefully be my only issue though.
Yes you need two, for each carb.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry Pete, didnt mean to insinuate anything negative against you. I was referring to King's less than admirable handling of the whole situation.

You got a heck of a deal and if I'd had the money to do it then I probably would have been bidding right along with you. I would leave the majority of the credit with Tim though, he's the one that really deserves it.

Quick Reply: FCR 39mm Clearance?