Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

FCR 39mm Clearance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FCR 39mm Clearance?

Any one running dual 39mm FCRs with the CT pipe? I know that it doesnt fit so I ordered the different midpipe from CT but Allen told me the extra bend has an adverse effect on performance. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this before. I would be suprised if I was the first and only one considering CT keeps the special midpipes in stock.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on the intake system you are using it will be a tight fit. I know with the Sparks pipe they fit as well as the MBRP pipe. I had a CT pipe on my Raptor and they hit, but I used rubber boots that fit very close to the cylinder head.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I've got a custom intake being built so I'm not sure how its going to turn out. I'll try and fit the stock mid pipe first and if it works I'll just send back the new one. I'm running a sixsixt adaptor and the pro-design K&N w/ outerwear, no airbox. Thanks btw.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
Any one running dual 39mm FCRs with the CT pipe? I know that it doesnt fit so I ordered the different midpipe from CT but Allen told me the extra bend has an adverse effect on performance. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this before. I would be suprised if I was the first and only one considering CT keeps the special midpipes in stock.
That should say something about CT then. I would just get a Sparks or MBRP instead of losing performance..... JMO.

Who is building your intake?

Old 03-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

It tells me that they didnt plan ahead of time for a set of carbs that basically was completely unknown and not availible when they first designed their pipe. Yes, they should have redesigned but they didnt. Allen lost a lot of respect from me last time I spoke with him on the phone (read: he was a dink), but that doesnt make my pipe any worse. It performed better than just about everything else I've seen so far so I'm not going to give up on it unless the bend causes issues.

I have a hard time spending 700 on a set of LTE pipes when barkers are supposed to give 5 more hp for 100 bucks more. If I'm going to spend 550 on a sparks to get back 2-3 hp I might as well spend the big bucks and get the most I can. MBRP isnt on my mind, performance seemed rather over-rated after the enourmous hype put on by this forum and elsewhere. Its very possible that barker's numbers are exaggerated, and I've yet to see a comparitive dyno run to tell me for sure. So I'm going to hold off on getting anything until I do a dry fit.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The Barkers are only $700 dog. They are the same price as the LTE pipes.

And it will be a very tight fit..my 35's were very tight even with offset carb sigots, and a shimmed out exhaust.

Old 03-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hmm, thought Tim told me 800 the other day when I talked to him. I may have gotten it wrong though.

I've got the extra midpipe on its way and I'll try it all out and see what happens.

Old 03-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just a thought - Those Lectron Carbs are looking to be better than the FCR's I am hearing and weigh half as much as the FCR's and cost half the price. I dont know about the fit with your existing CT pipe but if you can get a set just to test the fit that would be great. My buddy is getting a set pretty soon and I will compare the fit next to my FCR's.

Old 03-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

My 39mm FCR setup better fit with the set of Barkers and even the UM oil tank on the other side. Tim Barker has my motor / FCRs/ & pipe on its way to me now. I had him do a wild 686 build with the works, new rod clutch and all... He has assured me it will all fit nicely even with his custm intake port work. He had me get a different air filter setup and lose the UM airbox altogether. Th e filter he had me get were BIG cannisters (2) and the filter # is RU-1830 and the outerwear cover# is RU-1240 PK.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: petedog
My 39mm FCR setup better fit with the set of Barkers and even the UM oil tank on the other side. Tim Barker has my motor / FCRs/ & pipe on its way to me now. I had him do a wild 686 build with the works, new rod clutch and all... He has assured me it will all fit nicely even with his custm intake port work. He had me get a different air filter setup and lose the UM airbox altogether. Th e filter he had me get were BIG cannisters (2) and the filter # is RU-1830 and the outerwear cover# is RU-1240 PK.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Sounds like you got it going bro. What compression did you go with?

Quick Reply: FCR 39mm Clearance?