Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bruin Brakes --New Atv--

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bruin Brakes --New Atv--

Hello All,

I have oo'ed and ahh'ed over the way this machine handles but after less than 1 tank of gas problems (i think) have shown up.
Loud squeaking rear brakes on application is what i would like to discuss in this thread. The machine is a 2005 350 4x4 bruin. As information the dealer is appx 60 miles away.

These brakes are definately in trouble. I just don't know (at this point) how much. They will stop but the noise will make you cringe. Will the dealer fix these under warranty? Is it likely and adjustment i can do myself? Are Bruin brakes generally a P.O.S.?

Enough questions for now. Thanks to all. As always when I find the resoulution I will bring it here in detail.

Beagles

Old 03-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Range Rover

hey again i see you have a post about brakes, my 05 bruins brakes dont make any noise either i would get it looked at, did you get mud inside of them? let us know what you find out. good luck.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Have you ridden in any mud cause if that is the case this can be easily be fixed....just clean out the brakes under the tires with water. My yfz did the same thing as well as my dads grizzly.

Old 03-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the replies folks. I took down the rear brakes before we rode today. I found where mud (small amount) had leaked in. Cleaned it up as well as all break parts in the rear. Now i get squeaks from the fron brake. I need some rest.............

Beagles

Old 03-30-2005, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks All,

Got off a ride today and NO SQUEAKY! Trouble was mud contamination in rear brake drum. Thanks for the help folks, you were dead on the money.

Beagles

Old 04-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Thats what i figured. Almost Every yamaha i have ever seen has that problem when you ride in mud, Yamaha Has to do something about it cause it gets annoying cause you have to do it after every ride

Old 04-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Beagles- Was out riding breaking in the wife's Bruin while she was away today and noticed that there is a comparable difference in engine braking between my Kodiak 450 and her Bruin. The Bruin seems to have only a minimal amount of engine braking. Is this normal, should there be a large difference and will it change after break in? Only has about 9 hours on it so far.
Any info would be good.
Thanks,
Rio

Old 04-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Trailblazer

This IMHO is the weak spot for the bruin. Compared to the granny gear in the rubicon, the bruin requires more care and skill decending. Wife at this point would not even try to go down some hills i travel so no big deal to her. Today we will vist 2 waterfalls so she may get brave. Ride and learn.

Beagles

Old 04-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer

Also as information, The rear brake system seems much more durable than those front brakes i nearly have worn out on the rubicon. Thes front disk pads
on the bruin show no waer as well. Save the mud hassle they seem very tough. Considering the much lighter weight of the bruin, they shoud last fairly well. Also, we have had it in the mud and creeks since the cleanout and no further problems. Im sure it will come back but now all i have to do is teach her how to remove the rear wheel.....While im at it i will also teach the beagles not to chase rabbits....

Beagles

Old 04-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

when ever i clean my cat, the brakes always squek. i think that i must not be cleaning enough around the brakes and a lot of sand are in them. beagles, if the beaks squek, then there is just dirt in them. for how new yur quad is, there is no way it already needs new pads.

Quick Reply: Bruin Brakes --New Atv--