Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Can you Believe This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you Believe This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Bought my 01 Shee awhile back. it had a twist Throttle on it and would only Idle. First thing i did was take it to the Local yamaha shop and had the Thumb Throttle reinstalled. but it still would only Idle so i took it back and found that the Park brake switch was the Culprit all along. anyways it ran better but now it wouldn't idle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] so i bought the T.O.R.S. Removal kit and in the Process of installing it i found out that the Yamaha shop had put my Slides in Backwards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] So i put them in right and adjusted the carbs. when i rode it before it ran good aslong as kept the Throttle open a little. if i let off the Throttle it would die. I could Hardley get the front tires off the ground but it would run great wide open. Well today after i got the TORS kit installed and the Slides in Right I ccan set on the fuel tank and pick the front tires off the Ground[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Man what a diff. and before i could only stay beside my buddies Rappy. Now i Might be able to Surprise him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. anyways my Point is allways double check your machine after it has been Worked on even by a so called Pro. Cause you never know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I hope you informed the shop that their "repair tech" (see grease monkey) loused up big time on your quad. Sounds like you fixed the problem yourself though. I'd be P.O'd, & be demanding some sort of compensation.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

I Haven't taken it out for a real Ride yet so im not sure of any power gains.Going to Muenster this weekend. Guess we will see[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2005, 09:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

reminds me of the time they charghed me $50 to clean my carb and i thni kall they did was take off the bowl and spray it with cleaner.. cuz not even a week later it's dirty....so then i clenaed it and i havn't had to sicne then ( last summer)

Old 03-31-2005, 10:48 AM
Range Rover

That is a good lession to be learned...I never take my quad to dealership they overcharge what is it like 70-80$$ for labor NO THANK YOU then they may not install it correctly!! That is why you buy the repair manual and only go to the dealership to buy parts and if it isnt installed correctly you can only blame your self and not sum idot that never made it through high school

Rental Handle Bars
FmF powercore IV
Acebris Bark Busters
Rental Sprockets 12:40

Old 03-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Amen, Martino!!!!!!!! When I got my basket case Banshee, I bought a Clymer manual & went to work. Check my photos to see what it looks like now. No previous pics., but trust me it was very sad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2005, 11:24 AM
Range Rover

Like tha pics and I want to know how do you like that scrambler not to get of the subject but jus curious and I bought my Raptor from a guy who didnt take care of it so like an abused dog I brought it in and went to work using that manual and now it is a smooth runnin beast in a much happier home I am in the process of changing out all tha bearings for tha rear swing arm and the front a-arms but I couldnt be happier with the quad

Old 03-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

the same happened to me, not on my quad but on my 02 klx300r dirtbike, the local honda/kawa shop charged me 65 bones for a jet kit and 100 to install it, the thing ran like crap, i tore the carb apart and found that they had to small of a jet and the wrong needle pin setting, it was a jet for 3000 feet above sea level or higher, i live about 50 ft above sealevel here on the coast (mustve been the new guys first kit install,)anyway, i put the bigger 132 jet in, relocated the c clip, took the top off the air box put on a pro curcuit pipe and it will stay beside a 400 ex with a 416 stroker kit, in fact i leave him by like 2 quad lenghts on take off, side by side on top end. the thing flies, night and day diffrence from stock. now I do all my own carb and valve adj work and pretty much what ever else is needed. i dont trust any body with my machines.

02 blaster, power core 2 pipe, douglas wheels, wholeshots, silver maier race plastic
97 300ex, pro curcuit pipe, jet kit, all white maier race plastic
02 klx300r, pro curcuit pipe, jet kit, maier mx race fenders, works connection frameguards & bashplate