Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

-=> Damn Plow Mounts CATCH on Everything. What to do??? <=-

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -=> Damn Plow Mounts CATCH on Everything. What to do??? <=-

RC nitro....U said face u bolts up and run bolts down all the way..Won'tl I need some type of bracket like on mufflers to hold around the frame to the ubolts? The Ubolts when facing up would be on the outsides of the fram with nothing to attach to unless I have some type bracket...But not sure brackets would hold or are best solutions. Thanks for the help.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer

I had the same problem, my mount caught on everything when riding, I like riding all year round and was not willing to give up any ground clearance, I tried everything to change my mount but could never get my clearance back to normal, there was always something catching. So I had my plows push frame extended and had a mount made to attach to my towing ball. Now i just hook it up when I need to and have nothing permanently attached to my bike. Thats the only way I found I could keep my clearance for riding.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer

with my 400 the plate hooks to the underside of my footpeg plate. i turned the ubolts to face up and as u are saying put a 1/4 inch thick by 1 in plate on drilled hole in plate and foot tray the plate goes over the foot peg draw it down tight and cut excess off doesnt interfer with feet on pegs . at least not on mine .sorry if i was vage on last post.. again i hope this helps . only thing that hangs down is just the two little tangs that hook my plow up but have not got hung up on any thing yet.