Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New(er) Wolverine

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New(er) Wolverine

Originally posted by: ElectricShift
The only complaint I ever hear about wolvies is lack of mud protection. Shouldn't be a huge problem so enjoy your new bike and welcome to atv connection. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
for more protection from getting durty, get some fender extensions there great.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New(er) Wolverine

Spent this evening trying to get it all in.

Played ball with the kids.

Built some crude ramps for EARTH--->TRUCK--->EARTH on the quad.

BS'ed with the neighbor.

Figured out how to use my 'CONVENIENT' bed extender for the quad (neighbor helped on this one)

Went for an AWESONE local ride, found a nice campsite, shut it off in the woods in the middle of a bunch of spring peepers, took my helmet off and just sat. I don't know if you ever get this feeling, it's so great sometimes being out there alone I almost have to well...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I guess now that things are drying out some, the ride is a little faster than I thought. I had to keep slowing down in the dark because I didn't think I'd need goggles and my eyes kept tearing up. Two wheel drive is a blast and I can really get moving!!! I really wasn't even hoping for this, nice extra.

Anyway, I have the first big trip planned offroading next month and I'm trying to get set. I used 2X12's and cut them to about 8 feet for ramps. Gotta put something on the edges so they don't slip off the truck (I know they make some decent hardware). Also my bed extender only drops in by holding it straight up. With the quad's rear tires hanging onto the tailgate (5.5 ft bed) It's in the way of positioning the extender to drop in. Well with one torx driver and a phillipshead I can partially dis-assemble the extender, drop it in, then tighten things up. This will work fine until I get something better figured out.

Trying to figure out the best way to travel on trips/overnighters. I'm trying to keep it simple. No campers or trailers, maybe a tent or sleep inside the truck or in the bed with a tarp. Also have to figure out if everything I need for a weekend will stuff in comfortably. It should.

This time of year is always great, but especially this year with all the new opportunities I'll Have!!!!!!!