Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor agaisnt kfx 700

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor agaisnt kfx 700

i was at the dunes yesterday and i have a 660 raptor and a kawi kfx 700. the raptor was not doing so well against the kfx. some of the hills i could not climb on the raptor the kfx would take me right up, i thought the raptor would smoke the v force all day long. my rappy has dmc alien full exhaust, pro design kit with k&n, dyno jets and air bix lid removed so it runs pretty good but it just dosent have the top end pull like i thougt it should i think i might get a new pipe my friend has a yosh on his and it seems to run awsome we have never raced but i think the dmc is not the pipe for me. so to say the least i was a little disapointed in the old raptor.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Range Rover

I know that over Easter weekend I was challenged in Glamis on Olds hill by this group that had one they were acting like it was bad to the bone with some light weight kid on it.

I was goofing off and stalled my Raptor, I restarted it and passed him so fast at 3/4 hill, I'll bet the pistons in his V-twin swapped holes.

Although I do remember thinking that it sounded cool with that custom exhuast?

Old 04-03-2005, 12:51 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

Well I will tell you this, and dont let the VForce thing get you down, my dad has a v force, and he has exhaust and pipe, and clutching on it, but the V forces are as fast as a lot of Raptors, and it was weird they can climb pretty well also,

On to the next topic, Yoshimura will work great for you that is what we run, a full yoshi exhaust, a dynojet kit, a pro flo kit, and different gearing and our Raptor will beat the modified V Force, but you will not blow any properly tuned V Force away, give them some credit!

Old 04-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Range Rover

If you are looking to do some serious mods to your raptor, I would go with the LTE system. I've got it. Noticed the difference right off the start. I'm getting the 690. I think that's all I'm going since I can't get to many dunes. Wish I had my raptor over here in Iraq! prently of places to ride here! Peace in the MiddleEast

Old 04-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

yeah besides yoshi check out sparks and lte

Old 04-03-2005, 04:00 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

Being a KFX700 owner and a realist, I would think that a properly tuned Raptor with the mods you mentioned should beat a stock KFX700. You might want to go over your Raptor again, and make sure everything is dialed in properly.

Even when my 700 was stock, it would climb just about anything (With paddles), however, it definately didn't have that strong of a top end charge. Now with the mods I have, I win as many races as I loose against Raptors with various mods, the exception being big bore Raptors.

Old 04-03-2005, 04:52 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

you got it, short hill races, and climbing a piped and clutching mods, and air mods a v force will hold its own against a smilar modded Raptor!

Old 04-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Let me know if you sell the DMC. I would be interested in buying it. Thanks. Matt

Old 04-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Range Rover

On my Raptor I've had the Yoshi and now I have the LTEs. It was dyno thrashed with the Large Sparks. If your going to only mildly build your Raptor the Yoshi and others are fine. If your going to build it a little more the Sparks is fine. If your going full tilt you will need either the Barker or LTE duals.

I actually really like the 700. I have actually considered getting one. I think it would be an outstanding "Sand Caddie."

In competition with a long steep sand hill one issue can be talked around, the Raptor is in the 400lb range and 700 is in the 500lb range.

When I'm racing up the steep side of Olds Hill in Glamis, I'm in third gear accelerating (forcing the torque to the rear wheels). I'm not sure how the torque converter on the 700 reacts/responds to the load while going up the hill. I think actually wastes the awsome power that the 700 makes.

Old 04-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

alot of people say how crappy the vforce is and raptors always spank em...its simply not true!

Quick Reply: raptor agaisnt kfx 700