Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Will a toomey b-1 pipe kit make it harder to wheelie my blaster since it is mostly a TOPEND improving pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005 | 06:34 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Will a toomey b-1 pipe kit make it harder to wheelie my blaster since it is mostly a TOPEND improving pipe?

will it be harder to wheelie with this pipe....? toomey is the only pipe im intrested in but i dont wanna make it harder to wheelie.......wheelies are so fun........also am i gonna lose lowend power?? or am i gonna gain power all around or just topend? thanx guys

Jerry

Old 04-04-2005 | 05:05 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Will a toomey b-1 pipe kit make it harder to wheelie my blaster since it is mostly a TOPEND improving pipe?

?????

Old 04-04-2005 | 06:39 PM
|
Range Rover

come on guys i know alot of u can help me out i need to order this thing soon and if i am not sure about something i will probably regret it........

Old 04-04-2005 | 08:18 PM
jas
Range Rover

when i had my blaster i was gonna do the exact same thing i looked at the pipe for weeks reading tons of info about it nomatter what your gonna get at least 2-3 more hp in low end to it would be about the same or easier

Old 04-04-2005 | 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

Dont get a toomey, get an LRD or CPI..

Old 04-04-2005 | 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Banshee392
Dont get a toomey, get an LRD or CPI..
He said he wasn't interested in other pipes, can't you read?

Toomey should do great for you, its not going to have more low end than some pipes, but its going to be better than stock. You shoud be able to wheelie fine or even better. Oh yea, the pipe should mostly effect mid-top but you should see some improvements at low end too.

Old 04-10-2005 | 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2000 Blaster with Toomey exhaust and it made a big difference. As far as wheelies it seems like u run out of powerband real quick so it is kinda hard to keep a wheelie up for very long.

Old 04-10-2005 | 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

The Blaster has a pretty short wheel base..... I don't think a pipe will make that much of a difference when it comes to wheelies.....

Old 04-11-2005 | 04:18 AM
Trailblazer

When i had a toomey on my blaster i didnt find it hard to do wheelies, dont worry about it, might take some getting used to but it sure isnt hard to do. with the lrd i have now, wheelies are really easy to do because of the low-mid hit.

Old 04-15-2005 | 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

Definatley get the Toomey set up. it is a great pipe. No it is not harder to do wheelies with the toomey. It actually makes it alot easier to do them in higher gears because of the top end power that the toomey gives. I can get my blaster up in 4th while standing up and keep it up for a while with the toomey but i couldnt get it up in 4th when i had the stock pipe.

Quick Reply: Will a toomey b-1 pipe kit make it harder to wheelie my blaster since it is mostly a TOPEND improving pipe?