Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sick of hearing about the YFZ... :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick of hearing about the YFZ... :)

I just bought a new 05 Raptor last weekend and I love the way it handles the trails.

Old 04-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider

ive only rode my raptor about a total of 2 hours so far and its amazing to me that my old warrior was ever any fun to me at all.

i havent ridden a YFZ but i sat on one at the shop, and i can say that i honestly like my raptor better comfy wise.

cant make a statement or judgement about power because ive never ridden a YFZ. cant wait though.

still not gonna change my love for the raptor though.

Old 04-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: Gwinnwarrior
ive only rode my raptor about a total of 2 hours so far and its amazing to me that my old warrior was ever any fun to me at all.

i havent ridden a YFZ but i sat on one at the shop, and i can say that i honestly like my raptor better comfy wise.

cant make a statement or judgement about power because ive never ridden a YFZ. cant wait though.

still not gonna change my love for the raptor though.

Hmm, thats what I though to, but then I put some good seat time in on the YFZ. It has made me really think hard about what I want out of my next quad and I'am a trail rider mostly. Therea are two things that are pushing me towards the Raptor one is the reverse the other is comfort, other than that the yfz has me sold.

Old 04-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Raptor/YFZ comparison is kind of like a nice comfy powerful muscle car compared to a harsh riding suspension-tweaked highly tuned Mustang. The comfy muscle car is great until you lay into it on an SCCA course then it looks kind of stupid and the uncomfortable high strung Mustang is ten times better.

Cruising? Raptor.

Runnin hard and jumpin? YFZ

Old 04-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
Raptor/YFZ comparison is kind of like a nice comfy powerful muscle car compared to a harsh riding suspension-tweaked highly tuned Mustang. The comfy muscle car is great until you lay into it on an SCCA course then it looks kind of stupid and the uncomfortable high strung Mustang is ten times better.

Cruising? Raptor.

you broke it down the way i see it shady, i like to ride hard and the harder you ride the better the YFZ is, Like i said i had both and the YFZ is a great bike...

Old 04-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BADRAPTOR
Originally posted by: ShadyRascal

Cruising? Raptor.

you broke it down the way i see it shady, i like to ride hard and the harder you ride the better the YFZ is, Like i said i had both and the YFZ is a great bike...
word!

Old 04-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

YFZ's are great, however the Raptor 660 is a more comfortable bike (period) you sit in the Raptor. With the YFZ you site more
on top of it, thats how I look at it..

Old 04-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer

Man there are some YFZ haters.My buddy has a CRAPTOR,and it is more comfortable for a bigger guy.I have ridden Craptors and my YFZ and they are very different.My YFZ is very light and agile.I trail ride the hell out of mine.I live in the desert.I havent had it anywhere where i thought it sucked.I know at Dumont my neck gets sore from looking back at all the Raptors.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].All the hype is because you can pipe and filter it and its a beast.You pipe and filter a craptor and well,its a craptor.This isnt a fad that is going to end soon,the YFZ is here to stay so get used to it.Unless you have a pile of money to invest in the Craptor you better invest some good goggles because you are gonna need them when you get roosted on at the hill.LOL!!!!You guys cant beat us so you might as well join us.LOL!!!!If you do want to beat the YFZ you better get a 2nd on your house because you are gonna need alot of parts,and engine work.Then there is the reliability issue.The YFZ isnt just a mx bike.Mine spends most of its time in the dunes or desert.It has never seen a track.So that point is kinda lame.Quit hatin and get over it.Dont be bitter because you have a raptor.

Old 04-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

phat are you going to dumont on the 23rd, i will be there with dr dune for that weekend to see the 2-smokes...

Old 04-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer

Hell yes i will be there.Probably the last Dumont trip.I want to see those banshees get down.We need to hook up for some friendly racing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]My bike is running very well now.I switched to the ESR and it boogies now.The brats helped too.I will look for you out there its gonna be warm so get the sunblock and easy up.LOL!~!!!

Quick Reply: Sick of hearing about the YFZ... :)