Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sick of hearing about the YFZ... :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick of hearing about the YFZ... :)

How come no one is hyped up about the Raptors anymore.??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] A buddy of mine goes off to college through the week and leaves his YFZ here sometimes. Last week I had a chance to give it 3 days of good harding riding in trails...I don't think you could pay me enough to switch from my Raptor to a everyday YFZ machine. These machines are completely MX machines, and not meant for trails, and I am not saying people don't ride them in trails. The Raptor handles 10 times better in trails, and not to mention reverse. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I guess I am just venting, just wish the Raptor would get more looks from first time buyers..But I guess since the YFZ is a new model everyone has to run out and purchase one...

I am also trying to paint the front radiator cover on my Raptor. So far it is holding the primer very good, better then I thought...

Project Paint

Anyways, sorry for the b*tching, its been a rough day...

Old 04-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

YEA BUDDY!!

Raptors are bad ***! I just wanted a haul *** fast bike, I think im going to be a sand man now, rather than a dirt man.
I mean I will go hit the trails of Gorman for sure but I love Pismo, Dumont and Glamis. For the sand I like the power
of the YFZ, for trails I would enjoy the Raptor better... Im trying to get my friend to buy one. (a raptor)

-J

Old 04-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

I have had both and the YFZ is a all around better bike for me and many others, I dident fill the arm pulling power my YFZ has untill i spent 5 grand on the raptor...JMO

Both great bikes but the YFZ is bada$$

Old 04-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm I got a quadzilla running perfectly with just over 3 grand total investment [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]urchase/shipping/mechainic work/parts. I know its not going to win on the MX track but it does pretty well just about everywhere else a sport quad goes and cost a lot less then these raptors. or YFZs or most new 4strokers

Old 04-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

I have a yfz and I really like it on the trails, but we ride them pretty hard. I'm sure the raptor is o.k., but the yfz is (was) the first race ready four-stroke quad out of the box, therefore they got hyped-up pretty good. I think they live up to most of the hype, but I also think they're not the answer to everyones dreams to each his own I guess.

Old 04-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jrobertson

I am also trying to paint the front radiator cover on my Raptor. So far it is holding the primer very good, better then I thought...

What kind of paint are you going to use? I did mine and the rest of the front fender area myself. Check out my pics.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ostrich
the yfz is (was) the first race ready four-stroke quad out of the box.
I beg to differ.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Range Rover

I hear ya Jrobertson. I've ridden both and am partial to the Raptor still.

I think the biggest point people make that I've talked to is the power to weight ratio of the YFZ. People hear this is the fastest quad off the assembly lines and its all over from there as far as their decision. Though I've had a couple buddies wish they had something else because they aren't just MX riders. Oh well, eventually the novelty will wear off and people will realize the two are for different purposes....

Old 04-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mahnster
Originally posted by: ostrich
the yfz is (was) the first race ready four-stroke quad out of the box.
I beg to differ.
i beg to differ also!

Old 04-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jrobertson
The Raptor handles 10 times better in trails

HAHA
you need to rephrase that.....because in NO WAY does the raptor handle better than a yfz........

Quick Reply: Sick of hearing about the YFZ... :)