Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

First Raptor Encounter

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2000, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well they do exist. I finally saw my first raptor here in chico, ca. Im speechless. The dealer said that mine would arrive by the end of october. So i am forced to wait another month. Anyway after seeing it, what caught my eye the most was the water line that ran on the outside of the frame. Has anyone who is fortunate to own one had any problems and if so, any good remedies. Also if anyone has fitted a white bros. exhaust to it,comments? The stock exhaust looks huge, probably robbs a few h.p.'s.

Old 09-30-2000, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

oh d00d you live in chico ? sweet im close to ya wana go riding sometime ? im not sure when i can go... but there is a place close by to me thats pretty fun to ride at...

Old 09-30-2000, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

sweet another norcal person. Where do you go, clay pit? The only place i have ever been around here is stonyford. It is awesome. Let me know where you go. Once I get my raptor we can go ride.

Old 10-01-2000, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

I just got mine today. It's pretty quick, but I can't wait to get a pipe and jet kit on it. The only thing I don't like so far is the gearing and the front brakes. The front sprocket needs to be dropped one tooth and that should cure that. The front brakes are a little spongy, so I'm going to bleed them tomorrow and see if that helps/ Hopefully someone will come out with a stainless brake line kit for it. It could be that I'm just used to my streetbike which already has stain. lines on it.
I haven't had any problems with the hoses, but I'm sure they'll come out with some aftermarket protection for it soon.
Later
Joe

Old 10-01-2000, 01:34 AM
Trailblazer

yep theres where i go and theres another part by it thats awesome for high speed runs too thats like 2 mins away. man that would be sooo sweet if we could go riding when you get your raptor. i want one sooooooo bad but i got my warrior back in june talk to ya later
oh if ya have ICQ my number is 18900937

Old 10-01-2000, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Old 10-01-2000, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

I have put about 6 gallons of gas through my raptor (about 4 hours total riding) and the front brakes are finally getting firmed up. Braided hose would help the feel, but the stopping power keeps improving. No problems with the exposed hoses and stuff yet.

I can't wait for an exhaust either - I keep thinking there is a lot more growl in there...

Old 10-02-2000, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hi, I'm from Cottonwood, CA. Just down the street from you guys from Chico and Oroville. I too have a Raptor on order, from Redding Yamaha. They supposedly got their first one in on Thursday. I am # 6 on the list out of 9. I can't wait. Maybe we can all hook up and ride. I'm 30 yrs old and love to ride. My wife has a 00' 400ex as well. And my son has a E-Ton 50. Have you ever riden behind Shasta Dam? There's tons of riding there. I think it's alot like Stonyford. Anyways, I'll e-mail you my #. Take it easy and be patient! Thanks, Bart

Old 10-02-2000, 01:40 AM
Trailblazer

yep iv ridin there before but only on my honda that was some of the best riding iv done... when i went there, there was a guy on a DS 650 it was pretty cool i didnt race him or anything. actually it looks like um... i dont know uhh clumsy ? i cant think of a word to describe it . any way im 15 and i ride the warrior and sometimes the honda usally my dad rides the honda . that would be awesome if we all could hook up and ride some where i havent really ridin with that many people besides a few guys from my dad's work and my friends... oh i'll bring my 2 friends that ride ( one on a atc110 and one on a old XL70) we could have a ton of fun ! did i mention the only thing im afraid of is bustin big air ? lol but thats because of the suspension..... if i had some works dual rates with ressiez i would bust some biggggg air... any way later all