Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster TORS problem(s)

because 4 stroke are alot less matience

Old 04-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Rem
Pro Rider

not the good four-strokes, aka high performance ones. theyre as much, if not more maintenance than a blaster...

Old 04-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Thats true. Some of the new 250F MX bikes require a valve job every 10 hours of riding (mostly the KX's)
Regardless, 2 stroke or four, its going to require maintance. I don't belive for a second that a 2-stroke is more then a four stroke. I clean the filter, change the oil and away I go. I ran my stock blaster on the origional top end for 4 years with no problems!

Old 04-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Range Rover

i have a yamaha 660 raptor and i race and havent had to do hardley any matience

Old 04-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Rem
why do you have your stock shocks mounted upside down?

they are just holding the front end up til i get my new ones

Old 04-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

you have a awesome blaster monolith

Old 04-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

well, i took the head off, reached inside the bore, and it felt like sand was on the walls, so i assumed that it was just glamis sand that got inside. i took the cylinder off to find that my WSM(never buying again-dealer sold me it) had broken, and desintegrated into the motor, leaving piston-sand all over the place. my cylinder looks cherry, and might need a light hone, but i should be fine. the lower-back part of the piston broke off, and i guess just turned into sand when i was kicking it over. i'm not sure what i should do about my crank, it still works great, but i dont want to have to take it out to get all the"sand" out. i was thinking maybe i could take it out of the frame, then turn it over upside down, while heavily oiling it to get the particles out, what do you think i should do Shav0? anyone else?

-bummer is that i went out 1 hour away to get my head gasket so i could ride tomorrow... guess not!

Old 04-16-2005, 02:06 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

oh and inferno, please donmt PM me with useless, false information such as 4-strokes are more powerful, since you obviously dont know more about engines than my 9 year old brother

Old 04-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rem
oh and inferno, please donmt PM me with useless, false information such as 4-strokes are more powerful, since you obviously dont know more about engines than my 9 year old brother
haha I got one of those PM's from him too, still havnt figured out what he was talking about tho, lol
Rem, if part of your piston is broken I wouldn't even try to ride it. Here are your options. Fix it now and do a top end job for about 150 bucks, or fix it later and do the whole bottom end.

Old 04-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Rem
Pro Rider

oh, i'd DEFINETLY not even think of riding it like this, the top end is fine, but i'm wondering about the "piston-sand" in the crank? my cylinder looks great, besides one mark that looks like it needs to be honed out

- monolith, what do you mean its holding your front end up? does it raise it up or something? i'm confused. i'm thinking its somwhere along the lines of that, cause thats what we're doing to our stock VW beetle shocks for our sandrail

Quick Reply: Blaster TORS problem(s)