Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

brush guard for '05 kodiak 450??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brush guard for '05 kodiak 450??

Can anyone suggest a good brush guard for an '05 kodiak 450. I've been looking at one made by outdoor south inc. It is a rather gaudy brush guard, but it will definitely do the job. I've seen yamaha's canadian website and the brush bar kit that they offer, but 360.00 seems a little steep for a brush guard. Then you have to tack on shipping. Shipping charges from Canada to Mississippi would be murder. Does anyone know if this kit will be available through American dealerships. My local dealer has his head up his **** and won't check. They just assume that all that can be ordered is displayed in the American catalog.

I ride in a LOT of thick brush making new trails, etc. and the kodiak has rather flimsy front end protection. I just want to know that if I choose to run up a tree that my front end is protected. The plastic grab bars are terrible. They are asking to be ripped off. I've noticed that most ATV companies are going in this direction, with the plastic on the front. I wished that they had taken the route they chose with the Bruin and keep the metal that projects out to cover the headlights. The good thing is that this is my only complaint with my new ATV. I love the kodiak!!!

Old 05-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

CrimsonBeerMan, I just purchase 05' Kodiak 450 and think I'll go with the Kimpex T3 Front Bumper/Brush guard (Part # 073780). It doesn't look as meaty as the modular one by yamaha or warn but my buddy has T3 on a Griz and it is very functional I have seen him ram over smaller trees with no problems or ill effects. It only sustained a small dent when he over corrected into a substantial obstacle (power poll) but it did nothing to the plastic behind or the actual mounting/support bracket of the bumper itself. We do a lot of the same and this seems like a good comprimise while not breaking the bank @ 170 CAD (140 US). Your very right in protecting the factory stuff, it is very expensive to replace so I am told!!!!

FYI, here(Canada) they are on back order from Kimpex, expected to land in Kimpex's Canadian Wharehouse around May 20th and at the dealers in a few days later.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

I kinda like the plastic on mine. Good looks and great protection. I thought I needed a brushguard when I first got mine. Couln't find one so I keep it stock. Well after 200 miles of brush riding and riding over small trees I see very little ill effects. The plastic is slightly scratch but with cleaning and Pledge you could never really tell. Now if you smash into a big tree or something solid you might have a problem.