Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster ???'s

ok so im thinking about a blaster becuz im only 5'4 and i like the way the blaster feels on me. but i heard the shocks arent that good bu i dont know if ide ee to swap the shocks because i dont know if im going to bee doing any spectacular jumping. also i was thinking about getting a 240 bigbore kit a little later when i get more money but right now im going to get a full exhaust system if i get a system will i have to do anything with it later with the big bore kit? or will the pipe kit still be fine? thanks much appreciated

Old 04-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Range Rover
Default blaster ???'s

Well, blasters are fun, but i think that you might get bored of it easily. How much do you weigh? The shocks aren't the worst, but they are not the greatest by far. There fine for casual riding, as long as your not that heavy. I way about 170, and it bottoms out quite a bit when im on it. I would look into a Z400 or one of its clones, but if you can get a really good deal on a blaster, go for it. But sooner or later, your gunna want more power, and that big bore kit might be the ticket...just my two cents

Old 04-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default blaster ???'s

i am selling a blaster 1999 for 3,000 cash but it has lots of mods to it , it will go about 75-80mph

Old 04-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster ???'s

i am selling a blaster 1999 for 3,000 cash but it has lots of mods to it , it will go about 75-80mph
u got some proof?

Old 04-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default blaster ???'s

Originally posted by: raptor3507
Faster than a shee? Take your head out of your a$$ kid and face reality.

Old 04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default blaster ???'s

i weigh 120 and my friend has a z400 i was thinon abput it but with the price of a Z i can buy every thing i want for a blaster and again i like the way the blaster feels

Old 04-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default blaster ???'s

Insane!

I spent 7,000 on a new Raptor that doesn't do 80 mph. I guess i got totally ripped off.

Scottish05: Don't know how to say this nicely but try spell checking. Spelling mistakes are one thing, but incoherent words are another. Another quad to consider...yeah this is a yammy forum I know...a 400ex is a nice size machine to compare.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default blaster ???'s

Im sorry about my typing does it bother you that much because if it does I will try and be more careful but thats what you get when your rushing to type it during school.....sry didnt mean to be a ***** bag

Old 04-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster ???'s

you might also consider a raptor350. from what it sounds like the blaster suspension is probably going to be sufficient. though its not very good. i wouldnt really say you would get that bored of the blaster if you havent really riden anything else. you pretty much always get used to or comfortable to what your riding and want more power. ive had my blaster over a year and a half and its not boring. i would upgrade teh suspension if i had the money. the blaster is also my 1st atv ive owned. the blaster is one of the most fun quads in its class. you will hear this from a bunch of ppl... a lot that dont own blasters too. im not saying the blaster is one of the best atv's out there but its great for what its worth! another helpful mod is widening out. A arms/ an axle if you have the money but wheel spacers will work but they arent as strong and the weaken your front suspension a tad.

i highly doubt anyones blaster goes 70-80mph. maybe kilometer/ hour

Old 04-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default blaster ???'s

well its not the only thing ive ridden my friend has a Z and i have a XR100(sucks ***) and ive ridden numerous quads and bikes before but i really like the blaster... about the wheel spacers how much does it weaken the suspension and im also thinking anout a Hollywood dirt productions 240 big bore kit does any one have this kit is it a good kit and should i install it my self or bring it to a local dealer? and also ive seen many front bumpers on blasters but did you guys with the front bumpers custom weld them your self beacuse from what ive seen the bumper on there now is welded there.. o yeah is an FMF FATTY pipe and a Power coreII silencer a good combo cuz for both of those and jets and a k/n filter and and vforce reeds that all together is only $384.99 but prolly about $400 well thanks

Quick Reply: blaster ???'s