Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster ???'s

Originally posted by: scottish05
well its not the only thing ive ridden my friend has a Z and i have a XR100(sucks ***) and ive ridden numerous quads and bikes before but i really like the blaster... about the wheel spacers how much does it weaken the suspension and im also thinking anout a Hollywood dirt productions 240 big bore kit does any one have this kit is it a good kit and should i install it my self or bring it to a local dealer? and also ive seen many front bumpers on blasters but did you guys with the front bumpers custom weld them your self beacuse from what ive seen the bumper on there now is welded there.. o yeah is an FMF FATTY pipe and a Power coreII silencer a good combo cuz for both of those and jets and a k/n filter and and vforce reeds that all together is only $384.99 but prolly about $400 well thanks
Do not get wheel spacers, just spend the money on an axle and a-arms. And your also wanna get some shocks because they do suck major a$$. The HWD 240 kit is one of the best out there and you will love it but you will need a 34mm card to accomodate it to reach it's full potential. For a pipe, id get another than the FMF which doesn't respnd well to motor mods. Id stick with an LRD p/s and get a G3 reed cage from www.1dirracing.com and lighten your flywheel and send it to HWD too while your at it. But one of the forst things your gonna need is new tires and rims..IMO. Oh and by the way you don't weld your front bumper on lmao, it connects with two bolts on the front bottom of the frame. And you can get some nice bumpers from AC, Blingstar, and other big names, but stay away from DG, all their products suck IMO..

Old 04-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default blaster ???'s

Originally posted by: Banshee392
Originally posted by: scottish05
well its not the only thing ive ridden my friend has a Z and i have a XR100(sucks ***) and ive ridden numerous quads and bikes before but i really like the blaster... about the wheel spacers how much does it weaken the suspension and im also thinking anout a Hollywood dirt productions 240 big bore kit does any one have this kit is it a good kit and should i install it my self or bring it to a local dealer? and also ive seen many front bumpers on blasters but did you guys with the front bumpers custom weld them your self beacuse from what ive seen the bumper on there now is welded there.. o yeah is an FMF FATTY pipe and a Power coreII silencer a good combo cuz for both of those and jets and a k/n filter and and vforce reeds that all together is only $384.99 but prolly about $400 well thanks
Do not get wheel spacers, just spend the money on an axle and a-arms. And your also wanna get some shocks because they do suck major a$$. The HWD 240 kit is one of the best out there and you will love it but you will need a 34mm card to accomodate it to reach it's full potential. For a pipe, id get another than the FMF which doesn't respnd well to motor mods. Id stick with an LRD p/s and get a G3 reed cage from www.1dirracing.com and lighten your flywheel and send it to HWD too while your at it. But one of the forst things your gonna need is new tires and rims..IMO. Oh and by the way you don't weld your front bumper on lmao, it connects with two bolts on the front bottom of the frame. And you can get some nice bumpers from AC, Blingstar, and other big names, but stay away from DG, all their products suck IMO..
im not going to try and convince anyone to get wheelspacers because a arms/ axles are superior. they will last longer and your quad will handle better. wheelspacers are a cheap substitute. hey, they work good enough for me right now and i jump but sometimes i really worry about bending them or snaping them or anything of the sorts. all i can say is that my blaster is 100% more fun to ride with the wheelspacers on and new tires. the stock bubbly ones suck and make it want to roll. suspension is fine for casual riding but after a month or too youll be wanting some new shocks. hope you have some cash. the reason wheelspacers "weaken" your front suspension is because of leverage. when you put wheelspacers on the front it puts your rims say 2-3 inches further away from where your shocks are mounted on your A arms. this makes the suspension compress easier. in the rear is doesnt change because its not making the swing arm longer. get it? if you get new A arms your suspension mount moves too so that doesnt change. and wheelspacers dont weaken the suspension TOO much. its really not bad.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default blaster ???'s

well i went riding yesterday and i was riding my friends Z and my other friends Trail Blazer(wich was quite fun to jump with ...until his chain broke.) and i realized that i really dont need a big bore kit cuz i dragged a blaster on the Z and he did pretty well (considering i misshifted and went into neutral) then i was talking to the guy and all he had was the pipe and silencer i wanted and then i realized the big bore kit isnt necessary for a few more years. but yeah the first thing im doing is new tires and rims i hate the back stock tires. then im going to be buying banshee front shocks and 250R rear shock those are my two priorities right now. thanks you guys.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster ???'s

sounds good

Old 04-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default blaster ???'s

blasters could beat a z400 if you do the right stuff to it. plus its heck of alot lighter.

Old 04-03-2022, 09:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had to reply to this even though it's ancient. The fact of the matter is..... Blasters CAN do 70-80 mph because I had one that did. I had someone in a car ride beside me and watch the speedometer. Stock blasters, no way. It wouldn't do a wheelie worth a damn, but top speed was scary. It was actually back around the time of this post that I had mine. I've got no proof, just my word. Mine topped out at 75 mph 😊