Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to compete with the 450's?

[quote]
Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
Originally posted by: WISTECH

Why does everyone think the DS in stock form is faster than a Raptor? I have been wondering this ever since I purchased my First Raptor and dont understand??? I have raced several stock DS's in the beginning and have never been beat by one since. What gives??? Did they upgrade the DS engine ever since they first came out???
Doesnt the DS put out about 15 more horse? Yes the newer ones are even higher.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Range Rover

Arent the DS's heavier though

Old 04-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: RaptorOwner

Why does everyone think the DS in stock form is faster than a Raptor? I have been wondering this ever since I purchased my First Raptor and dont understand??? I have raced several stock DS's in the beginning and have never been beat by one since. What gives??? Did they upgrade the DS engine ever since they first came out???
Doesnt the DS put out about 15 more horse? Yes the newer ones are even higher.
When I had my 690 pushing 63 hp and I raced a 74 hp DS I still won. I dont believe in that stuff, just get out and race it. I havent even dyno'd my big bore yet but sure do like to race it.

Old 04-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pitdawg
I can beat any stock 450 in a drag up Sand mountain (Utah dunes). With piped yfz's its hit and miss, but any other mods they smoke me. Whats my next upgrade???
Two less wheels, and a hundred less pounds did the trick for me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. And if that isn't an option, and you still can't beat them, join them, ... I did that to, LOL.

Old 04-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The DS engine makes more hp in stock form than the raptor does, thats nothing new. I think its around 2-3 hp. The weight and setup seem to be the limiting factors on the ds, not the engine power.

The 800 made a pretty good showing this year, and Mr HP's stock bore was fast. The DS just seems to take more work to get the power, its in a higher state of tune from the factory than the Raptor is. Intake/exhaust bolt ons make many times the power on a rap than a ds.

Old 04-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
The DS engine makes more hp in stock form than the raptor does, thats nothing new. I think its around 2-3 hp. The weight and setup seem to be the limiting factors on the ds, not the engine power.

The 800 made a pretty good showing this year, and Mr HP's stock bore was fast. The DS just seems to take more work to get the power, its in a higher state of tune from the factory than the Raptor is. Intake/exhaust bolt ons make many times the power on a rap than a ds.
I wish my case didnt go that day in Glamis for MLK day. I raced my buddies DS 800 that placed Second and we are swapping wins all day last week. Finally got my engine all dialed in again and am ready but where is everybody at??? LOL !! I may just put it away until next January....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]