Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CrayCraft Racing has one bad ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CrayCraft Racing has one bad ride

Originally posted by: CoyoteRiverRaptor

The truth is you probably have no idea how fast your quad really is or isn't.
Hey bud, there are different types of people out there though. You ask my dad to dyno his bike and he will say lets race. It is over 2 years old now and still beats most of the bikes it encounters, not much money in it compared to who he races, just a motor and a swingarm.

Some people are content on how fast they are. He will race anyone and everyone because of his love for racing, and he will smoke me in follow the leader any day. If you paid him $50 to dyno his bike, he would smile and want to race.

I did see this posted earlier...

I’m usually impressed by bikes like RAPFAMS dads bike and RAPFAMS sisters bike. From what I know his dads bike it is still in the same original build configuration and kicking butt on all the new builds. His sisters bike was built out of spare parts and RAPFAMs keen eye for detail. That is hot rodding at its finest.
Thanks a bunch. her bike made about 59 hp and is beating bikes that make much more... Last time me and my dad raced her we half hilled her, so numbers are ok for tuning sake but dyno wars make me laugh.

Old 05-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well guys, I had the opportunity to ride Dollarz bike this weekend and let me tell you....DSMike, I would definitely have to compare it to a drag banshee. Fast is an understatement for this bike and beauty to boot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BTW, I have plenty of video of the bike laying the smack down that I can email to yall![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I wish I knew how to post them for all of those Craycraft haters out there, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Range Rover

RAPFAM, your welcome.

Was there a dyno war? Sorry I missed it.

I thought that stating my hp number was better than saying it is really fast or using some other emotional term.

Old 05-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

If I spend a lot of money on motor work, the builder better provide me with a report card (dyno run) or I'll find a new builder!
I was just commenting on this... My dad as well as myself do not need dyno runs from our builders. If I'm happy with the performance of my bike, then it does not matter what #'s my bike puts out.

I'm old fashioned. I like to race me vs. you, not me vs. a hired rider (which happens more than the latter) 90% of the time, people put someone else on their bike to race. My sister is a pretty good rider but if you put my dad on my sister's bike he will pick up about 4 more bikes and he weighs more too. It is not always weight that makes the difference, it is rider skill.

We need to run sometime bro, never lined up with you before?

Old 05-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Range Rover

Tom, if you and your dad are happy that is great.

I wasn't happy. The Yoshi pipe was killing my motor. The LTE pipes and new CAM really woke it up. As you already know, it still has a long way to go.

I would love to line up with you and I'll always ride my own bike. Though the bike is way faster than me, so don't be disappointed if you win. I'll give you my best.

I can't let the weight comment go. That was cold.

I sent you a PM

Old 05-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

Tom, if you and your dad are happy that is great.

I wasn't happy. The Yoshi pipe was killing my motor. The LTE pipes and new CAM really woke it up. As you already know, it still has a long way to go.

I would love to line up with you and I'll always ride my own bike. Though the bike is way faster than me, so don't be disappointed if you win. I'll give you my best.

I can't let the weight comment go. That was cold.
Chet, my dad is happy, but I am like you I like to go faster and faster, so in the future i may do more things like lightening it a bit??? but I am still just a duner.

my sis changed pipes and cam too and it is night and day.

I heard about your hp numbers, that bike is a runner, i will try to keep up with you...

the weight comment was not directed toward you, it was just stating that a lighter person not always wins, hence the father, sister comparison. rider skill and other stuff play a role. don't be offended bro, it was not directed toward you or heavy people, I'm a heavyweight normally too (in the racing world)...lol

Old 05-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

So am I.....lol

Old 05-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Well guys, I had the opportunity to ride Dollarz bike this weekend and let me tell you....DSMike, I would definitely have to compare it to a drag banshee. Fast is an understatement for this bike and beauty to boot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BTW, I have plenty of video of the bike laying the smack down that I can email to yall![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I sent a PM.