Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Put Banshee with stock tires on asphalt, in first gear, hold front break, hold clutch, full throttle, releas clutch ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put Banshee with stock tires on asphalt, in first gear, hold front break, hold clutch, full throttle, releas clutch ...

Put your Banshee with stock tires on the asphalt, in first gear, hold the front break, hold the clutch, full throttle, release the clutch,
don't sit on the seat but stand up. White smoke will start coming from your burning tires, wow isn't that great.

The Questions:
How many seconds does it take to blow up your engine by doing the above?
How many seconds will be the maximum time to be safe and not heart your banshee by doing the above?

Do you like burning/spinning your tires?

Old 04-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default Put Banshee with stock tires on asphalt, in first gear, hold front break, hold clutch, full throttle, releas clutch ...

i wouldnt redline for more than 5-10 seconds, and burnouts and rediculously useless on a quad

Old 04-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

I would think your engine would be able to hold it for 20 minutes or more. Go try it and let us know what happens.

Stupid kids.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

i dunno, do banshee's have rev limiters?? Right befor i got my holeshots i smoked the hell out of my stockers for about 2 min givin the friends a smoke show [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. I was in 3ed gear at about 3/4 throttle... not pinned.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Banshees have no rev limiter. Unless you consider the stock pipes.

Old 04-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Range Rover

I never tried to smoke up my rear tires because i know tires arent cheap and grip is everything in the trials and when climbing, BUT for the occasion that I would like to, like when i get my holeshots (and need to dispose of the old tires), whats the best method with a raptor? I just dont want the thing jumping up on me.... And I already know the obvious things like "don't keep the throttle pinned" and etc. any tips would be appreciated. thnx

Old 04-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

THIS IS HOW JACK@SS MOVIES STARTED.............BY IDIOTS!

Old 04-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

wow i guess i ALWAYS wondered what would happen if i burnt out on pavement, who would have thought that smoke would come from the tires. j/k i wouldnt push 10-15 seconds doing that remember smoke lingers so when you stop there will still be smoke to make people mad if thats your plan and tires are expensive

Old 04-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: iiijay743iii
I never tried to smoke up my rear tires because i know tires arent cheap and grip is everything in the trials and when climbing, BUT for the occasion that I would like to, like when i get my holeshots (and need to dispose of the old tires), whats the best method with a raptor? I just dont want the thing jumping up on me.... And I already know the obvious things like "don't keep the throttle pinned" and etc. any tips would be appreciated. thnx
i smoked my stock tires when i got my holeshots. Just hold the front brake, and roll the clutch out slowly in 1st gear, once they start spinning, shift into 2ed fast... then try 3ed. Just hold the throttle at 3/4 throttle, not wide open so you dont put so much stress on the engine...

Old 04-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Watchout kids, this is only to be done by adults, lol.

Quick Reply: Put Banshee with stock tires on asphalt, in first gear, hold front break, hold clutch, full throttle, releas clutch ...