Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

new 800 grizz news anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 800 grizz news anyone?

No they don't and never will unless quads become street leagle.

Old 04-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

I heard the new griz is suppose to be an 860! ... i think it will be a little too much cause i have ridden the brute force 750 and you cannot keep the front end on the ground going up hills, however if an 860 comes out i will seriously considering it!

Old 04-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

My dealer has said the same thing....800cc in line twin,EFI and the engine is off some street bike in Europe.Completely new.
As far as NEEDING an 800...it's all about what people want...not what they need.If someone wants a 750-800 and Yamaha does not make it then there is always the possibilty someone will go somewhere else to get it.
It's like nobody NEEDS a corvette when a cavalier will get you to the same places but they WANT it.Not everyone NEEDS a huge diesel crew cab 4x4 but thats what they want so be it.I personally love the power my Prairie has over the Kodiak.The Kodiak is a great quad but when going up steep hills it's nice to have that extra power on tap when needed.I would like to see them somehow put the Grizz engine in the Kodiak chassis but thats not gonna happen I guess.
02 650 Camo

Old 04-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

I also heard the engine was out of a street bike.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: CTATV
if these companies were really on top of what people want they'd be working on clean burning twostrokes because even though everybody is all in a huff about how great new performance 4 strokes are I guarentee you if they started making performance 2strokes again all the riders like bill balance would go right back to them. GNCC forced him off his 250r by creating the production class.
Dude, stop talking about 2 strokes...its starting to get old

Old 04-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Range Rover

if you ask me i think they will come out with a new fourwheeler not change the grizz as some of yall have been saying but i think it will be a V twin efi and just tons better then polaris [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you ask me they should name it Polar Bear to go aloing with the other names.. And the reall polar bear lives in the cold and if it had efi then it would start good in cold but that is just my opinion.

Old 04-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamahalltheway
if you ask me i think they will come out with a new fourwheeler not change the grizz as some of yall have been saying but i think it will be a V twin efi and just tons better then polaris [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you ask me they should name it Polar Bear to go aloing with the other names.. And the reall polar bear lives in the cold and if it had efi then it would start good in cold but that is just my opinion.
Thats what I wish they would do too, but I don't think it will be a V-twin. I wish it would be though, I love the power on the Twin Peaks 700, add that with fuel injection and it would be sweet.

Old 04-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Trailblazer

So far everyone has just stated rumors. Some have come from dealers wanting to get you back in the showroom to try and sell you whatever they have for the next model year. Some have even been discussed here in this same forums several times over the course of the last 1-6 months.

Does anyone have any real proof directly from Yamaha that they are going to build an 800cc'ish quad? They don't tell the dealers anything. If they did release information early, it would hurt current year sales.

Old 04-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GNCC wasn't the main reason they switched to a 4 stroke. The environmental laws did most of that so they could cut down on carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, nitrous oxides and VOC's. Yes I realize that atv's don't make up a large portion of combustion engines, but working as a chemist at a research lab for gasolines, diesels and alternate fuels, I can tell you that the government wants to curtail as much emissions as possible......from large quantities of cars to atv's. In the boating world, you will see by 2010 that 2-strokes will not be allowed in the majority of water bodies, thus is why you see the new hi pressure direct injection 2-strokes now and the 4-strokes increasing their technologies.

Old 04-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard that the yamaha will keep the griz 660 and come out with a new 800 quad using the polaris 760cc parallel twin motor. I hope yamaha does not do that......stick with your own guns......they can build their own 700 or 800 motor that will be as good as or better than the 760 parallel twin. Look how successful the 660 griz has been.

I sure would like to see some body changes (cosmetic) on the 660 griz.

Quick Reply: new 800 grizz news anyone?