Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ vs BANSHEE

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ vs BANSHEE

I dragged 4 piped banshees plus many other quads including piped raptors in a 300 foot drag this past weekend @ little sahara. OK and it wasn't even close.

I'm sure they would have caught up after another 700 feet.

2004 YFZ450
Curtis Sparks Full Race Exhaust
Curtis Sparks Race Intake

Old 05-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ vs BANSHEE

http://www.atvriders.net/ The real top speeds are on this site

Old 05-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ vs BANSHEE

I dont own either bike I own a 2 stroke suzuki and a 4 stroke yamaha which I love both... so, Im an impartial and Im going to lay out what I think.

YFZ - best bike if your going to hit the track, if your riding in the woods or most other riding, besides massive mods, its skill that gets you from point A to B quicker.

Banshee. By far best bang for your buck in speed and almost unlimited mods available. When comparing mildly modded bikes (not going into the engine, only bolt on which is what the majority of people do) the banshee will smoke a YFZ hands down. Anywhere but the track or highly technical trails. This is of course assuming equally skilled riders.

This is the end of this thread lol

Old 05-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ vs BANSHEE

Originally posted by: CTATV

Banshee. By far best bang for your buck in speed and almost unlimited mods available. When comparing mildly modded bikes (not going into the engine, only bolt on which is what the majority of people do) the banshee will smoke a YFZ hands down.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on that one (at least in the sand where my experience is). The Banshee will definately not smoke a YFZ with bolt-ons only. You are only going to exceed the YFZ by going into the motor and doing some porting and raising the compression.
Pipes and filter are not going to do it.

The YFZ is lighter, has more torque, more HP stock, and a broader power spread than the banshee. The YFZ also responds extremely well to a pipe and aftermarket filter just as the Banshee does.

This has been my experience over and over. I currently own a 96 Banshee, and in the past have owned and 87, 89, 90, and 99 Banshees. Most of which were piped. There really is not a big enough gain to surpass the YFZ till you get into the motor, but yes, then it can and WILL be faster than the YFZ.

Old 05-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Range Rover
Default YFZ vs BANSHEE

sounds to me you dont know what your talking about? yes when you buy a brand new bike they are not all gonna be the same speed. Banshee as a whole meaning stock are around 67mph? stock stock stock? maybe you forgot to mention you were running 110 octain lol .....

Old 05-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Range Rover
Default YFZ vs BANSHEE

the yzf

Old 05-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ vs BANSHEE

Originally posted by: IcaughtCatchmeifucan
the yzf
The yfz what?????
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default YFZ vs BANSHEE

i think a banshee will eat a YFZ alive in a drag race..banshees stock have alot more bottom end than a YFZ i think..now people that are buying tommey pipes and vforce reeds for there banshees and racing it in short distance there gonna lose..toomeys t5 or t6 and for mid to top end so are vforce reeds if u want alot of bottom end for ur banshee get FMF Fatty pipes and boyseen reeds then lets see what a YFZ has it will not run with it in a drag now on a track 450 are nice but there made for a track..and they will not last long they run good but no last!my friend his is hmm a month old hes a racer and has to rebuild his already and its a month old..so i think a banshee for the woods is great if u got a lotta bottom end fmf fattys and boyseen reeds [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ vs BANSHEE

Originally posted by: stingray27015
i think a banshee will eat a YFZ alive in a drag race..banshees stock have alot more bottom end than a YFZ i think..now people that are buying tommey pipes and vforce reeds for there banshees and racing it in short distance there gonna lose..toomeys t5 or t6 and for mid to top end so are vforce reeds if u want alot of bottom end for ur banshee get FMF Fatty pipes and boyseen reeds then lets see what a YFZ has it will not run with it in a drag now on a track 450 are nice but there made for a track..and they will not last long they run good but no last!my friend his is hmm a month old hes a racer and has to rebuild his already and its a month old..so i think a banshee for the woods is great if u got a lotta bottom end fmf fattys and boyseen reeds [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yeah, a Banshee has more bottom end.... LOL!! Now THATS funny!! Good advice bro, now go do some research.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ vs BANSHEE

Originally posted by: 2fun
Originally posted by: stingray27015
Yeah, a Banshee has more bottom end.... LOL!! Now THATS funny!! Good advice bro, now go do some research.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
funny.... you didnt say anything about the 450 having to be re-built after a month...

Quick Reply: YFZ vs BANSHEE