Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

URGENT Problem with Warrior!!! VERY BAD!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT Problem with Warrior!!! VERY BAD!

Originally posted by: Warrior350CR
RaptorOwner,
Tell your brother to put the carb back on the Warrior - it's not a carb problem if he experiences the same issue as Warrior02man.

$100 its the parking brake sensor being triggered due to the parking brake cable adjustment to tight. The parking brake barley works anyway, so just loosen the damn cable, forget about using the parking brake and I guarantee you the problem will be fixed.

Warrior350CR
We did that last week and it solved about 50 % of the problem but still wouldnt run right. He put it all back together last night with a new plug and its running great and since he rejetted and put a new pipe on it even runs alot better now. So,, Maybe after the parking brake sensor it fouled the plug....???? who knows.

Warrior02man - Replace the plug and disconnect the parking sensor and see if that fixes your problem....

Old 05-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Warrior02man
how cna it be that.. how can it be the parking brake if i can still move and sputter? I can run it in the gears.. its just i go like 5 mph.. if that. in nuetral i can roll it.. so isnt the brake off?

does this change anyones opinions now?
He is talking about the sensor.

Old 05-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Can someone give me the adjustments for the valves and the Gap for the spark plug on a 01 warrior.

TIA

Old 05-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer

Warrior02man,

It's not the actual parking brake that is restricting the engine to rev or sputter. It's the parking brake SENSOR. There is a sensor that retards ignition timing when the parking brake is applied to prevent driving the quad with the brake engaged.

This sensor is very sensitive, and if your parking brake cable is even the slightest bit to tight (even with parking brake off), the sensor will activate.

By loosening the parking brake cable, you will remove tension on the sensor. It is also possible the sensor is bad. I suggest removing the sensor all togher using a block off kit or simply splicing the two sensor wires and connecting them together.

Is this easier to understand now?

Warrior350CR

Old 05-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry!!

Old 05-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer

RaptorOwner

Intake valve Clearance (cold): 0.06 - 0.10 mm
Exhaust valve Clearance (cold): 0.16 - 0.20 mm

Be sure to adjust when engine is COLD and the engine at TDC (top dead center)

Old 05-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cool, thanks. Just couldnt locate the settings at the moment for my bro.

Old 05-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Warrior350CR
Warrior02man,

It's not the actual parking brake that is restricting the engine to rev or sputter. It's the parking brake SENSOR. There is a sensor that retards ignition timing when the parking brake is applied to prevent driving the quad with the brake engaged.

This sensor is very sensitive, and if your parking brake cable is even the slightest bit to tight (even with parking brake off), the sensor will activate.

By loosening the parking brake cable, you will remove tension on the sensor. It is also possible the sensor is bad. I suggest removing the sensor all togher using a block off kit or simply splicing the two sensor wires and connecting them together.

Is this easier to understand now?

Warrior350CR
warrior02man you should really listen to this advice..I have had my sensor act up alot on my bike and i finally got the ebrake block off and fixed the problem..Believe it or not even getting a little water up in that censor can make the bike think the parking brake is engaged. I personally had this happen crossing a creek and had to ride it home.. I blew the censor area out with compressed air and guess what that -was- the problem..Your's probably is not water but it -IS- the parking brake [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

ok.. how can un untighten it? where is the sensor?

Old 05-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

HOW DO I MAKE THE PARKING BRAKE LOOSER SO THAT IT DOES NOT ACTIVATE? HOW DO I CLEAN THE SENSOR AND WHERE IS IT?

Quick Reply: URGENT Problem with Warrior!!! VERY BAD!