Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How does this trade sound to you

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does this trade sound to you

i dont think blasters have ever been known to have good brakes...

Old 05-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

No wonder the deal is so awful for you. A dealer is involved. You would be far better off by placing an ad to find an individual that will trade with you. You probably have more money in aftermarket parts than the Blaster is worth! I you really must do the deal I would remove all the aftermarket items at least to sell separately to even the deal a little. I assume the dealer has already seen your quad and probably won't go for that since they are probably salivating already at the prospect of getting your quad for somewhere around $1000 (what they probably gave for the Blaster on trade). What do your parents think of your trade idea(who probably bought you the Z250 because no adult who just spent ~$4k for a 2004 Z250 and another $1k in hopups would ever consider such a deal)? How much does the dealer want for the Blaster?

Old 05-22-2005, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

if you ever wanted to get a blaster over you 250 sell the 250 you could get about three thousand i think for it and then buy a totally madded blaster it would be a much better deal

Old 05-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Zebra
No wonder the deal is so awful for you. A dealer is involved. You would be far better off by placing an ad to find an individual that will trade with you. You probably have more money in aftermarket parts than the Blaster is worth! I you really must do the deal I would remove all the aftermarket items at least to sell separately to even the deal a little. I assume the dealer has already seen your quad and probably won't go for that since they are probably salivating already at the prospect of getting your quad for somewhere around $1000 (what they probably gave for the Blaster on trade). What do your parents think of your trade idea(who probably bought you the Z250 because no adult who just spent ~$4k for a 2004 Z250 and another $1k in hopups would ever consider such a deal)? How much does the dealer want for the Blaster?
My parents had nothing to do with me purchasing the z250, or the hop-ups that are on it. I'm going to try to sell it and get a nice warrior or 400ex now though.

Old 05-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

now those are better bikes then the blaster

Old 05-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you don't mind, then where did the two Z250s come from? You appear to be pretty young in the photo gallery. Also, I just really don't imagine an adult buying not one but two auto clutch, entry level quads for their personal use on their own dime. The desire to replace the Z250 with another entry level quad, the Blaster, also points to being young. I don't see too many adults aspiring to get a Blaster. Just a hunch but I have been wrong before. LOL. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Sounds like your new plan of selling the Z250 is a lot more (financially) sound.

Old 05-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer

Let me ask you a question Zebra why is it that you are being so judgemental and down right rude to Electricshift for asking a simple question about a trade he didn't ask to be insulted about being young or his trade question.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

You would be better off to sell the 250 and get yourself a nice 400ex. Right now you can get them used for a VERY reasonable price and it would be a far better bike than the Blaster. Plus you wont have to worry about redoing the Top ends and such... Good luck with whatever you choose.

Old 05-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

i wouldnt get a 400ex unless you got a 05 because they dont have reverse and especially after having a quad with reverse you probally have gotton used to it...........its very helpfull to have especially when your stuck

Old 05-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry for being a bit judgemental, even insulting. It is just when I first read the proposed trade the first thing that came to mind is "What the f**k are you thinking for even considering such a deal, especially with your own money on the line". That brought me to the only logical conclusion that he must not be footing the bill for it based on the reasons I listed. It really doesn't matter though because let's say for arguments sake that the guy has a job and legitimately bought the 250s himself. The situation still conjures up the same thoughts..."What the f**k are you thinking?"

I will also admit part of the aggression is really directed towards the dealer because I hate seeing people getting raped by dealers. It really pisses me off to see how much some dealers try to take advantage of people. looking at the cost of a new Blaster ($3299) and the cost of a new Z250 ($3899) plus all the addons (that dealers will flat out lie and try to tell you they add no value yet will stock new quads on the floor with elevated price tags due to dealer addons like nerfs, mufflers, etc.) the dealer could realistically offfer him a new 2004 or 2005 Blaster in trade and still make money off the deal. Okay, maybe it would take a little cash in the deal for a new 2005 but you get my point. ATVTrader Online shows ~$3000 as the lowest price in the country for a 2004 Z250. In reality, ElectricShift probably offered up the Z250 or told them about it and seemed receptive to the deal if the dealer proposed it first, but the dealer could have done a lot better... But no, they are content with basically stealing (legally) peoples ATVs...

Argggg...gotta breath now... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How does this trade sound to you