Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What do you guys think....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think....

ok so my blaster wont idle to make a long story short cuz i have the tors above the carb unpluged.......now it wont idle......i think its cuz the needle is 2 low.....its at the 3rd clip.....im jetted 2 a 240....k&n no lid......so if i bumped the needle up so it sits higher would that solve my problem........im broke right now so i cant but the eliminator kit.... but even tho it wont idle it feels as peppy as new! so i think this would work but im an ididot so can u guys help me out?!?!?!!? thanks
Jerry

Old 05-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

If you cannot get it to idle with the idle **** on the carb then that means your pilot circuit is off, a little too rich, your needle wouldn't have anything to do with this. You should take your carb apart and clean out all the circuits with carb cleaner, then compressed air, put a #32.5 pilot jet in it, put the air screw
1 1/2 turns out from closed. Unpluggin the TORS shouldnt affect just idle, you should totally eliminate it, get a diff cable and top, it really makes jetting your carb easier without that big bobble head on there. Thne jsut connect the 2 wires and itll be all good.

With those settings i told, that should be right in the ball park, a little playin with the air screw, and try the needle 2 clips down from top. That should be pretty close. But i always ran either a 260 or 250 main when i had the stock carb on mine. If no matter what u cant get it to idle, just tighten up the cable andjustment up by the bars. Or is there one? cause i always had a twist throttle on mine. Hmm.

good luck. ~jim~

Old 05-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Range Rover

Where is the air screw.....is it the gold screw on the opposite side of the idle screw near where the oil line plugs in?.....and what 2 wires are you tlaking about? thanks! o and also the owners manual says that if u have a 240 jet then 3rd groove ont he needle is necessary......???? help! thanks