Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bruin pipe and jetting questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bruin pipe and jetting questions

I have a 2004 stock bruin 350 4x4. I love it but it would be much more fun with more power. I am looking at geting a FMF Powerline Muffler and a K and N filter for it. I read about how when you get a pipe you need to rejet it. But i dont have a clue as to how you do this. Could someone please help me on this. Is there something else i need to buy to rejet it or what? And will i see much of a power increase from the pipe and filter and jetting? I dont want to spend $300+ for not much power.

Thanks, Dan

Old 05-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Dan- I was in your shoes at one time with my BigBear. While mine has a 400, the 350 is pretty close to compare. I added the HMF utility series pipe, a K&N filter with outerwears, and rejet the carb. The low end gain was most noticable that and getting threw the gears faster. I have a buddy that has the same quad as mine only a few years older and stock. I can pull a wheelie while sitting in second, whereas he can not. I smoke him out of the hole, and threw the gears until I top out, he tops out right behind me about 1/2 a quad to 1 quad. I love the sound of my pipe! Its not TO loud but just right for me. I bought the spark arrestor/quite core, but found that I liked the sound better with it out. The kit I bought had the pipe/filter(outerwears to)/ and jets in one package. I think I paid around $325 to my door.

I did the re-jetting myself on the BigBear and would be happy to try and answer any questions you have. I was intemidated about it at first, but quickly found it was simple. Just pm me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2005, 01:18 AM
Range Rover

Thanks, i cant find anywhere that has the HMF pipe for a bruin tho.

is there anyone out there that has a review on the fmf Powerline?

Old 05-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Trailblazer

I bought a hmf for a kodiak and will get it next weekend. I am pretty sure it should come close to fitting if not i will make it fit. I will let you know how it works out.

Old 05-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

Only pipes for the Bruin are the FMF powerline, Big Gun utility, and I found one more but I cant remember what it was.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Range Rover

The FMF powerline and Big Gun utility are the only two i can find also. And when i searched the forums i cant find any reviews on them.

thanks thebruin, keep my up to date on if it fits or not. i would think i should.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah let us know if it works, if so I might be looking into one.

Thanks

Old 05-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: thebruin
I bought a hmf for a kodiak and will get it next weekend. I am pretty sure it should come close to fitting if not i will make it fit. I will let you know how it works out.
Great idea!! I would think that it shouldn't be a big problem to make it fit. I cant remember if the head pipe is the same diameter or not. Its got to be close. Good luck and like these guys said, let us know how it goes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Hey thebruin, you get your pipe yet? Im curious to see if you think its gonna work. Did you get a full system or just a slip on?

thanks

Old 06-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

i get it monday i will let you know then

Quick Reply: Bruin pipe and jetting questions