Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

????!!*<Twist-Throttle>*!!????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ????!!*<Twist-Throttle>*!!????

Is the ProMotion a dual cable setup like the bike?

Old 06-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one on my raptor...i love it. Once you get used to it, its so much better, ecspecially on long rides. All my friends hate it, but there not used to it like i am. Wheelies are a little bit harder with them...but once you get it the twist throttle down...youll love it

Old 06-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

i guess it depends on what kind of riding you do, if your doing jumps and stunts, the posibility of hamerring the gas is high, if u only do trail and ride to have fun i guess its like a scooter ! but if your putting that on your Blaster your not gona be riding it like a grand-pa ! id stick whit the thumb for safety !!!

Old 06-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
Is the ProMotion a dual cable setup like the bike?
The ProMotion twist throttle is a single cable setup, just like a stock YFZ.

I checked my son's YFZ today, and the ProMotion twist throttle definitely gets full throttle out of the YFZ's carb. In fact, the carb is at full throttle with about 1/8" more twist yet to go in the twist throttle. We desert race our YFZs, so I guess you could say we "trail ride", but at very high speeds, LOL.

I still prefer the twist throttle on my son's YFZ to the thumb throttle on my YFZ. A twist throttle might be more challenging on my YFZ than my son's though, simply because my YFZ really hits so much harder when I give it the gas. Now I need to find out why my son's YFZ is so much slower. Me thinks a leak down test is in order, being as he sucked a bunch of muddy water through his K&N air filter on our last race [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img].

DV

Old 06-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: YamahaRyder4Lyfe
I have one on my raptor...i love it. Once you get used to it, its so much better, ecspecially on long rides. All my friends hate it, but there not used to it like i am. Wheelies are a little bit harder with them...but once you get it the twist throttle down...youll love it

I agree .....once you get use to it youll wont wana go back to a thumb thottle I have a MotionPro twist on my blaster it only takes about 50% rotation to go from idle to WOT ..its easyer to hold on tight when you can use you thumb to help get grip ..but it does also depend on your riding style if your not a really agrssive rider a thumb might be better but with your mods i assume your not building that quad for pleasuse putting right ? give the twist a try and ride the snot out of that thing bro!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: sned
thumb for sure twist is very dangerous while popping wheelies and god forbid you fall backwards your gonna be pulling on the throttle and the thing will shoot off..on my little scooter about top speed 30 the twist grips get stuck alot and i end up crashing it or killing it right before a crash...hope this helps
thats tru

Old 06-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Warrior02man
i rode my friend 660 wit a twist throttle and no rear brakes.. and it was so scarry.. i didn't even get out of 3rd. If u hit a bump, u will go flying.. u fall off.. ull go flying. Just stay with thumb.. save urself the trouble.
your crazy

Old 06-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

I like both! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have a twist of my warrior, and a thumb on my 426. Personal Preference, it doesn't matter...but with thumb, I am just slightly a little more in control of my quad. But..twists are really fun...

See if you can test ride a quad with a twist before you make a decision. It takes some getting used to, thats for sure. But now I got both down where I could swtich back and forth all day without any problem.

-Justin

Old 06-05-2005, 09:22 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

Twist throttle's work great, thumb doesnt get tired in long races, there are times when it feels weird, but take your time to get used to it and the way you react going over bumps and you will love it,

Old 06-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Trailblazer

I put a motion pro twist throttle on my YFZ450 and I've ridin it about 6 times. Let me tell you coming out of a hard left corner you will find yourself hittin full throttle before you want to. Also alot of times when I'm reaching for the front brake I find myself pulling on the throttle,SCARY when your trail riding and theres a cliff on one side. I'm talking my twist off this week and putting a upgraded thumb back on. ( more control)