Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone raced a 450 r that could hang with your 690?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone raced a 450 r that could hang with your 690?

Originally posted by: vinny3299
HEY BIGBUBBA THEY'LL CALL YOU BIASED LIKE ME ;-)
I don't know how I can be biased if I own both bikes. Just because my YFZ can beat my 686 Rappy doesn't mean I can beat them all, you guys should know that. Also, if you didn't notice I'm referring to hillshooting rather than straight line race. I've still yet to put them against eachother in a flat drag, but I think it will still be pretty close with the Rappy squeezing out ahead with a higher top end. It's kinda sad when you have a dynoed 60 HP rappy and a 45-50 HP YFZ beating it pretty consistantly in a drag race that relies heavily on torque and horsepower (hillshooting) to win. I love going out there and racing people with 5k invested in their engine then beating them with a slightly modded 450 with no money into the engine at all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Makes you wonder why people put all the money into their bikes when they can just go get a 450 and save the trouble [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

By the way, my Rappys still for sale if anyone is interested.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SCHOLLE
Originally posted by: BigBubba
My YFZ beats my Craycraft 686 Rappy pretty consistantly, so I wouldn't doubt that the 450R could win. A well modded 450R with a good rider can be just as fast as an equally modded YFZ, although they've never beat me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The only Raptors I've lost to on my YFZ are the ones from Jefferson, those are some fast bikes! I've raced them a few times at Comp hill in South Jetty. At the top of the hill my front tires would be at about their rear, so he didn't kick my a$$ too bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] After getting my YFZ I haven't been to impressed with the Raptors anymore.

I have been outrun by 1 and only one yfz450 on a consistant basis.That was a full on drag bike by finish line racing. I am not in anyway putting them down(450's). The Yamaha and Honda 450's are very nice and fast. There is a sparks built yfz that runs well here locally but he is still not as quick as mine.There is also a very quick local 450r.I did see a 450r at a dragstrip that was on nitromethane and was wicked fast till it blew up. I never had the chance to run him.
We will give you a better update on this subject after July 23rd at the Clash of the Titans in Sicily Island Louisiana....I can assure you that there will be some very fast Raptors and 450's there aswell, battling it out
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

if you had a good builder do your 690 you should never have any problem with the 450's. i can beat them on a consistant basis.

Old 06-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

I think im going to go find and read the post from the last sicily island get together thing yall had. Sentiment on the boards sure does change fast.

Old 06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I seen the 450 run this weekend,everybody better pack a big lunch.This bike is for real,i believe he said it weighed around 230lbs.This next Clash will be bigger than the first.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CTracingraptor
if you had a good builder do your 690 you should never have any problem with the 450's. i can beat them on a consistant basis.
I dont know, I ran into someone this last weekend that had deeper pockets than me and it(450R) was dead even with mine and a YFZ that was way faster than him. I just cant believe how much them YFZ's can be punched out to. It was all setup with Titanium external parts and was light as H3LL !! My bike is not slow either. I was catching air all the way from second to fourth gear at the drags and it felt nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most stroked big bore R's and yfz's are making about as much power as most builders claim for thier big package 686 raptors. Whether the raptor builders are spitting out what they claim is another issue.

When I had a cam and piston in my rap I only saw the back end of one yfz and it had internal modifications as well, now I cant get them to line up.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

wow i thought the original question was he was having trouble with his 690 keeping up with 450's (stock), he is just assumping the 450 had work done to it since it was faster. i know they bore yfz to a 505 currently, and stroked ones i havent heard anything about. dont get me wrong the 450s are fast, very fast. the problem is they are lighter. 780 raptor barely beat the 505yfz at FSW's, but the 450 was weighing in at like 280lbs and the raptor was running a full 420. it doesnt matter what you do, someone is always going to be faster, i think we all know this. you want to see the fast bikes, wait till the lockout clutches for the raptor are available....yikes.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

I have been without my computer for a while so i will now comment on some of what has been said here.CTracingraptor-I do have a good builder and in fact my builder is the same one that BigBUBBA talked about .I dont have any problem with stock bore 450 r quads i was just curious about how many of you had encountered a very fast big bore 450 but i guess i didnt explain myself too well.My 690 is very fast and i can hang with and or beat many of the faster built banshees especially in a race longer than 300 feet so my raptor is no slouch.It seems that some of the opinions expressed here are not based on fact and i can tell you that there are a few 450 r hondas that will run with the fastest quads wether they are two or four stroke.Bigbubba.I have raced the raptors from Jefferson that you talked about and they are no doubt very fast and your results against them sound about the same as mine and i am 230 lbs so using that as a refernce you can see that my raptor does quite well.Bigbubba-If you are going to be riding at Florence any time soon let me know and i will let you take my raptor up comp a few times and drag against anyone you choose and you can then explain to some of these that have been commenting that indeed my raptor is what i say it is.With you being quite a bit lighter than me (i assume) you could put the hurt on just about anyone you care to line up with.Can you tell that i am frustrated with trying to explain that i dont have a middle of the road raptor???????

Old 06-09-2005, 06:06 AM
Pro Rider

SHOULD HAVE GOT A YFZ450 AND DID ALL THAT WORK TO IT AND YOU WOULDNT HAVE THIS PROBLEM

Quick Reply: Anyone raced a 450 r that could hang with your 690?