Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

sand geckos

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sand geckos

i go to the dune about 3 times a year. in the past i ha ve never had paddles and my friends all did and i could kep up with them and go just about everywhere they would go. thanks to my awsome skills j/k no but my old bike had huge fatty ballons that aired down really good but my warrior cant do that would geckos be an ok tire for some one who wants to cruise around the dunes and climb a few hills i wont be d5rag raxcing or anything like that( i have a warrior) so i dont care if it takes 2 seconds off my 300ft times or anything. im still paying my dad back for my warrior so money is tight with me. what do yall think for my postition.

o yeah i go to florence and winchester if that helps.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default sand geckos

Sounds like they will work..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Range Rover
Default sand geckos

I've been happy with mine. They're one of the cheaper paddles and also pretty popular. Mine took me anywhere on the dunes, and I even ran them on some snow and mud and they haven't worn down at all. If money is tight, go with Geckos, I had my older brother and a friend with SandStars riding with me and we noticed no difference in performance.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default sand geckos

cool thanks i will probabaly get some then. i wont be going to the dunes until closer to the end of the year

Old 06-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sand geckos

I used to have sand gecko and I didn't think they were very good, I could climb hills at all with them. I have sand stars now and they are a way better tire in my opinion.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Range Rover
Default sand geckos

UltimateAussie, where are you located in Oregon? I have a set of Geckos on ITP wheels I am trying to sell. They were on my Raptor. If I am not mistaken, the Raptor, YFZ450, Banshee, and Warrior all have the same bolt pattern. Let me know if you are interested and we can work something out.

-Brandon

Old 06-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default sand geckos

I like mine. They seem to slide side to side very easily and i think that is a lot of fun. There is some of that action in my pics. Anyways i like them for what i do which is the same as you climb and some messing around. They were cheap and get the job done. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default sand geckos

i think they will work fine for what you want

i had a set,,,only been to Florence twice in 3 years

i got rid of em

ran my holeshots last time,,,,,and went just as many places

Old 06-09-2005, 06:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default sand geckos

dude just as cheap are the sand sharks, i have those check my pics on my page and stuff you'll see em they are cheaper if not the same price from rockymountain i had geckos and hated them they made a bumpy ride and couldnt turn nor race well with them i got these sand sharks and they rock... i like them 200% better and very cheap on price..

Old 06-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default sand geckos

but they only come in a 20 inch will this help or hurt performance. also will i notice the difference if a go with steel over aluminum. besides the bling factor. thanks for the help

Quick Reply: sand geckos