Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My homade blaster oil injection block off...!! i did it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My homade blaster oil injection block off...!! i did it!

ok i made my blaster premixed! i removed the pump hoses gear and tank... then i used a peice of sheet metal as a plate and i put silicon in the hole just incase! now i just need to learn how to do ratios lol... saved my self 30 bucks and a melted motor!

Old 06-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the factory injection system really that bad? I have several friends with old Blasters,some that have been running so long and beat so hard, the piston slap is noticeable at idle, still running injection with no problems in over a decade. My son rode a beat 87 LT80 that I overhauled and bored .020 over, it was ran hard for hundreds of miles a year, raced several times, gone on long trail rides at near top speeds for 40 miles at a time, was sold twice since we owned it, and it still running strong on the old injection system. Yes, knowing the exact ratio going into the motor gives you a peace of mind, but I wonder if a lot of the "failures" are due to forgetting to add oil and sucking air, burning up the motor, then blaming the "junky" injector system. Yes, some do fail, but to be honest, I have been riding for over 20 years, and have yet to talk to a Blaster rider that had the injector fail, and the ones that converted to premix only did it because of the stories of siezed motors, not because they had problems with the factory set up. For hard trail riding or racing, premix keeps the ratio closer to optimum, but the injector has a purpose,too. At idle, or slow speeds, it can drop the mix to as low as 100:1, to prevent low speed fouling, while providing an increasing mix as speed an load increase. One drawback to premix is slower running,like with young or inexperienced riders, will cause more oil fouling and engine deposites. I am not saying you are wrong or right to run premix, I just am saying it is a matter of personal opionion.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

they have been known to fail... and is it really hard hard to premix ur gas?

Old 06-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

as for the gas mixing....use some synthetic 2 stroke oil.......they come in packets, with a small packet you add the packet to 1 gallon of gas and with a big packet you add it to 5 gallons of gas.........you dont need to measure ratios because its synthetic and it reduces if not eliminates the smoke.....it really works well, i use it in both of my 2 stroke scooters and the weedwacker and leaf blower....its called opti-2 by the way

Old 06-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Get some Amsoil Dominator at 50:1 and get one of those ratio cups for mixing the right amount of oil to gas..