Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor probs

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2000, 11:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was thinking of gettin a banshee but if im going to spend 6.000 bucks on a quad i might as well spend 500.00 more and get the raptor.
do you think yamaha will fix the problems on the raptor for the 2002 model,because if im going to spend that much money on a new quad i dont want the axle or the a arms breakin off when i land.
i sure hope so
any input is welcome

Old 10-09-2000, 11:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought a raptor on sat. on mon. I underestimated a jump, because it was only about 2ft high, but I realized to late it was almost 100% vertical not sloped. Anyways, I was going pretty fast, and ended up going about 7-8ft high, landed and then very meticulously looked over the suspension and all parts, and it was perfect, and I kept on riding for the rest of the day with no problems.

Old 10-10-2000, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

I just got through riding with some killer jumps, bottoming out the suspension time after time, and no problems at all. I think these guys bending stuff are hauling refridgerators or something.
Seriously, I abused the hell out of mine, cause if something is gonna break, I wanna know about it NOW. Not a whimper out of my Raptor. I love it.

Old 10-10-2000, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

I Think the Japanese workers have their monday morning work problems. I bet those with problems were all made on a Monday after a whole weekend of Saki and Video Karaoke.

Old 10-10-2000, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

HE HA, thats funny as hell YamaRaptor. Either that or some Yamaha employee was mad that there are so many Asian **** sites on the web and wanted some fat American to get his genitals smashed on the handlebars.

Old 10-10-2000, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

yes I bet they are a little short in that category so they are trying to get even with some of us.

Old 10-11-2000, 03:16 AM
Trailblazer

YaMaRaPtoR,

Thanks for at least modifying your post. By the way I am an AMERICAN who just happens to be of asian decent. I fought in a war for America against people of my own race because I believe in this country. I have three bullet holes scars and a metal plate in my leg to prove my patriotism. If thats not american I don't know what is...

Trending Topics

Old 10-11-2000, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

See thats where the problem is about race your not an American your an ASIAN American if it werent such an issue to you you would be only an AMERICAN. I am not talking about you I am talking about those people living and working in Japan. Do You see WHITE ANGLOSAXON AMERICAN plastered anywhere when we are asked about race or comment about it. No so please dont complain about remarks that dont directly profile you, You are the one Giving yourself up as a minority by adding ASIAN to American. If this country is so important to you either drop the Asian or Go back to asia and call yourself something more prominent like American Asian. But other than that I am sorry if I have offended you. I hope you understand that I did not intend to.

Old 10-11-2000, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

I think its safe to buy a raptor now. Look at Yamahas track record. Hardly anything has been changed on the banchee, warrior, or blaster in the last 14 years. So I would say it safe to buy one now. I`m sure they ironed everything out before they released it.

Old 10-11-2000, 11:49 PM
Range Rover

I have ridden my raptor over hellacious whoops for miles at high speed,I have gone off of jumps that I realized later was not so good of an idea, and otherwise used every inch of suspension the raptor has. nothing is bent, broken, or wounded in any way. it is my opinion that theese stories of bends and breaks are from gross abuse, I have noticed that many of them talk about bottoming out. They need.....(a) to crank up the suspension,(b) buy some high dollar shocks, (c) take the free rider school that yamaha provides (to learn how to ride). but this is only my opinion....HA.

Quick Reply: raptor probs