Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor<<>>660.....vs......yz 250 or cr 250 etc

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor<<>>660.....vs......yz 250 or cr 250 etc

i beat my friends yz125 on my 400ex, no joke. but when i top out at 68 he catches up and flies past my doing like 75+

Old 07-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mr350X
Well, im NOT going to get into another one of these arguments. But, I had a modded quadzilla that would walk away from my friend kevins CR250, on pavement, holeshot, mid, and top end, the cr had no chance. (then the pos zilla blew its newly rebuilt motor... again 5 minutes after that race)

Anyways, yz125 beating a YFZ450, where? when? how? I just dont see it.

My banshee absolutely wastes my buddies KX125, and my other buds older YZ125.

That banshee also had no trouble running away from an 03 RM250, but I had an unfair advantage.
(It was soft dirt, and I had paddles, he had a knobbie)

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!! your talking 2 stroke vs 2 stroke for the most part! Everyone else is saying a 250 2 stroke bike will kill a 660 4 stroke......and YES IT WILL!!!!!!!!! A 660 better be on Juice before it lines up with a YZ250!

Old 07-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Spoony
i beat my friends yz125 on my 400ex, no joke. but when i top out at 68 he catches up and flies past my doing like 75+
Is your 400ex stock because my kawasaki mojave"03" does about65 stock.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

This kind of reminds me of someone arguing about whether their remote control plane can outrun their buddies seadoo...

They are entirely different machines, different weights, geometry, center of gravity, hp, torque, and of course most important tires.

In the dirt espially soft dune sand a dirtbike doesn't have a chance. You could probably beat a cr500 on a blaster if you had the right tires in the dunes and he had the wrong tires.

So blanket statements just don't work. It always depends on the conditions, environment, machine and of course the rider.

Most of us anyway including myself have owned both dirtbikes and ATV's in our life time. To each his own.

Old 07-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Racing on blacktop-raptor would get its **** handed to it. Those bikes put out around 60hp and are just about half the weight of a raptor. 2 wheels vs 4 cant be compared. Thats like racing a mustang against a GSX-R 1000

Old 07-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: anarchy29
my cuzin has a trx450r (faster then raptor) and i could smoke him on my yz125(everything modded)...
ok man, a 450r is not faster than the raptor.Maybe stock to stock it will beat it in acceleration, but not in top speed.when you get a pipe and jet on the 660, you are gonna cruise.You have to let the thing breathe.The stock pipe on the 660 suffocates it.I have an R4 on mine and a white bros jet, and i beat a yfz which had a gytr full system with jetting.I had beat it by 2 or 3 bike lengths at least.

Old 07-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blasterkiller15
Originally posted by: Spoony
Is your 400ex stock because my kawasaki mojave"03" does about65 stock.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
And you are crazy for believing a mojave stock does 65.My stock ttr 125l eats a mojave, and it tops out at 53 mph....

Old 07-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bl4cksh337
250 four stroke or two.... Oh well it doesnt matter your a gonner if you dare try.
He he he he....nice blaster....you should call it the michael vick.Or ride it around at an atlanta falcons game....lol...

Old 07-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Range Rover

I agree, WTF is that thing?