Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone play paintball on their quads?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone play paintball on their quads?

i would kill someone if a paitball hit my quad

Old 07-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

i help run a paintball store here in Texas and a few crazy hill billys wanted me to go out and play like that,but i said 1,200 dollar paintball gun 5800 dollar quad crazy hill billys, not a good idea.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

its not called a paintball gun,its actually a paintball marker and its not a weapon..

Old 07-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Very dangerous, those suckers hurt, and I could just imagine so many bad things that could go wrong!

Old 07-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZ660R
Very dangerous, those suckers hurt, and I could just imagine so many bad things that could go wrong!
they dun hurt that bad after u get usd to em.. unless ur hit by an Angel Speed or a Tippmann A5 w/ a Flatline on it. lol

Old 07-07-2005, 12:59 PM
vj
Range Rover

haha, warrior03man i often play with my uncles who all have tippmann a5's with flatlines on them. i got tired of loosing so i just ordered one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer

I don't know why people are acting like paintballs will cause damage to their quad. It is not real paint in the ***** it is a mixture of a soapy substance and dye, they wash off easier than mud or dirt. I admit its probably not the safest thing to do but, it is no more dangerous than doing a no footer off a jump.

Old 07-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Walker
I don't know why people are acting like paintballs will cause damage to their quad. It is not real paint in the ***** it is a mixture of a soapy substance and dye, they wash off easier than mud or dirt. I admit its probably not the safest thing to do but, it is no more dangerous than doing a no footer off a jump.
the stuff inside the paint is vegetable oil, food coloring, and water.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Warrior02man
Originally posted by: YFZ660R
they dun hurt that bad after u get usd to em.. unless ur hit by an Angel Speed or a Tippmann A5 w/ a Flatline on it. lol
Hey all paintball markers are supose to be under 300 f.p.s angel,a-5, what ever it is the flatline adds range because of a back spin not more p.s.i if you guys need any info or prices let me know we ship nation wide we also machine parts for guns and do alot of custom guns
let me know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

While I suspect it is the same in most or all states, I do not know for certain. In Virginia a Paint ball marker is considered a firearm if you are caught using it improperly. A person must be 18 years old to purchase one and it is because of liability. A minor can not be held financially responsible for damage or injury they cause.

A paintball is expelled from the barrel of a marker by expanding gasses; in this case the gas is CO2/compressed air/nitrogen. A lead bullet is expelled from the barrel of a firearm by expanding gasses; the only difference is that the gasses in this case are produced by smokeless propellants. There is no functional difference between the two. If one were to believe the difference is between paint and lead, well, good luck with the prosecuting attorney and civil repercussions in the event of grievance.

I own an original Shocker from PVI and it can still obtain up to 375 FPS. It has a super flat trajectory and is more accurate and quieter than most any other marker I have ever seen at any price. I shot a hole through the lid of a brand new guppy (view loader) at a distance of 100 yards. Needless to say I was promptly removed from the field to verify ball speed. Lets’ just say it was a tad high and someone was sent home for the day.

If anyone would like to know if their marker is considered a weapon in the state they live place a call to the local Sheriff or State Police and they will give the facts. The phone call to either agency before you play will be much cheaper than the call to your lawyer after you get caught. Outside of that, I would hate to even think of the liability involved if someone were to get hurt. If the people playing are minors, no matter what agreement was struck beforehand, the parent(s) would be accountable. Medical costs alone could bankrupt any family.

Quick Reply: Anyone play paintball on their quads?