Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone play paintball on their quads?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone play paintball on their quads?

i gotta tippman custom i got the m-16 kit its sick but we also ahve the same laws above but wat do u expect its newyork

Old 07-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vakero
While I suspect it is the same in most or all states, I do not know for certain. In Virginia a Paint ball marker is considered a firearm if you are caught using it improperly. A person must be 18 years old to purchase one and it is because of liability. A minor can not be held financially responsible for damage or injury they cause.

A paintball is expelled from the barrel of a marker by expanding gasses; in this case the gas is CO2/compressed air/nitrogen. A lead bullet is expelled from the barrel of a firearm by expanding gasses; the only difference is that the gasses in this case are produced by smokeless propellants. There is no functional difference between the two. If one were to believe the difference is between paint and lead, well, good luck with the prosecuting attorney and civil repercussions in the event of grievance.

I own an original Shocker from PVI and it can still obtain up to 375 FPS. It has a super flat trajectory and is more accurate and quieter than most any other marker I have ever seen at any price. I shot a hole through the lid of a brand new guppy (view loader) at a distance of 100 yards. Needless to say I was promptly removed from the field to verify ball speed. Lets’ just say it was a tad high and someone was sent home for the day.

If anyone would like to know if their marker is considered a weapon in the state they live place a call to the local Sheriff or State Police and they will give the facts. The phone call to either agency before you play will be much cheaper than the call to your lawyer after you get caught. Outside of that, I would hate to even think of the liability involved if someone were to get hurt. If the people playing are minors, no matter what agreement was struck beforehand, the parent(s) would be accountable. Medical costs alone could bankrupt any family.
i can name a few markers better than your old out dated shoe box shocker 375 f.p.s yea whats your reg at

Old 07-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

There is nothing wrong with the laws as they exist. They are there to punish people that misuse the product.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thewayout420
its not called a paintball gun,its actually a paintball marker and its not a weapon..
if you think a paintball marker isnt a dangerous weapon, your nuts, i have a high velocity spring that brings it up to almost 600 fps, but i have to use giant lemonheads or frozen paint to shoot... now thats dangerous possibly deadly...

Old 07-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

600 fps? why would you even want to shoot that fast? and with frozen paint? man... u might as well be running around with .22 cals so much for wearing goggles

Old 07-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fakesnowsucks
I was thinking about it but havent yet... no one els really seems down with the idea... that and it prolly isnt all that safe, i can just see somone running straight into a tree while trying to pop a buddie
i can see that happenin also

Old 07-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't see this being a good idea, It is pretty tough to see through your google after you get shot between the eyes, would be like ride at 30MPH and closing your eyes.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZ450kid
Originally posted by: thewayout420
its not called a paintball gun,its actually a paintball marker and its not a weapon..
if you think a paintball marker isnt a dangerous weapon, your nuts, i have a high velocity spring that brings it up to almost 600 fps, but i have to use giant lemonheads or frozen paint to shoot... now thats dangerous possibly deadly...
its stupid people like you who shouldnt own paintball markers and paintball isnt dangerous if you where your mask and follow rules and 600 f.p.s please the highest f.p.s i have seen is 389 with a automag and that was a test we did in the shop, not in the field.No spring will give you a 300 fps jump.

not trying to be an a$$ but shooting frozen paint even normal paint at high velocity is how people get hert or killed.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Trailblazer

I have never tried it but I bet that it would be fun.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

my friends did a drive-by on there quads with there paintball guns.

Quick Reply: Anyone play paintball on their quads?