Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700 Tippy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700 Tippy?

ive never ridden a 660 Raptor,,,but the hub bub around here is exactly that,,,they are tippy

i have seen one get rolled also first hand,which was what sparked the conversation after that day,and several freinds said that the 660 was tippy,but the 350 wasnt

i was thinking of getting a 660 Raptor,for something to get squirley on and keep the beast for mudd'n,until several of my freinds said they were tipsy

Old 07-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

there also seems to be an awful lot of them for sale in the online classifieds,newer ones with mods pretty cheap too

Old 07-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the valid input guys. Wasn't trying to incite a riot. Just wanted some first hand info. From what i've heard the 660 is a great machine. All bikes have ticks. And to others, lets try to be adults here. You know people love their bikes, so why you gonna start trashing on them? I know I'm probably wasting pixels, but the imaturity gets old. Save the trash talk for the track or trail, where you have to "put up, or shut up".

Old 07-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 86LT250RFatty
Originally posted by: strokezilla
Warrior02man dont hate just cuz u cant hang with them. they are a little tippy but once u get the hang of it they are fine, but isnt every new bike tippy once u get the hang of riding it
i agree. it was alot worst when i 1st got it, but now im used to it, though it is still a little tippy. But about the 700, no one can say for sure, but they should be alot better.
amen!!! its only tippy if u dont know how to ride it ..... and dont own one . hehehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

i wasnt trying to trash anyones ride,,,but a bunch of us who ride together (every weekend,myself,and my neighbor each have about atleast 6 trucks with trailers parked in our yards,last weekend we had 19 bikes) got to talking about the 660 Raptor,and roll happy seemed to be the general consensus,,,,and the conversation was sparked by a roll we seen a Raptor take a few weeks prior

as i said in my previous post,i myself hadnt ridden one,and i wasnt weighing in first hand,and did say so

and as far as the classifieds,i was looking for a Warrior for something i could get squirly on (the Grizzly isnt much good for that,and because my freinds said the Raptor was roll happy,their words),and had indeed noticed that almost every other ad was a 660 Raptor

but i wasnt trying to be malicious,or talk smack against someones ride,,,i just seen the thread,and my freinds and i had recently had a talk about them

Old 07-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Jibrille
Originally posted by: Warrior02man
yeah.. the 660 craptors were tippy. yamaha changed the dimensions of the 700 to be basically the stance of a YFZ. it also weighs 2 lbs less.. so the 06 craptors should be a lot better than the past craptors.. i hope they are.
And there you are calling a Raptor a Craptor, when you drive a turtle for an atv, the kfx.
haha "turtle"... thats funny. too bad mines orange and i give rappys a run for their money around here.. so whats that make ur craptor.. a blue turtle?

Old 07-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

dude, honestly the raptor IS tippy. I have a warrior and a raptor and i have never had the warrior up on its side as much as i have had that raptor up.

Read my post i made this morning, i smoked a tree last night on my raptor because it tipped up in a corner. Banged me head and leg pretty good.
I never had that happen on the warrior once.

Old 07-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

If you think it's tippy, don't buy one. The people that do buy them will know that all this tippy stuff is a load of crap. I rolled mine twice. Not because it's tippy, but because I was stupid. You can't compare the Raptor to the YFZ or the Honda 450 because they were built to race. When you compare it to some of the other open class quads, I would say the Raptor pretty much kicks butt.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

the raptors still tippy. wether you like to admit it or not it is.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

Well Gwinwarrior, yours may be tippy but look at my pics, mine isn't. It costed me $40.00 to get it there too.

Quick Reply: Raptor 700 Tippy?