YFZ450 vs. Z450

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

i dont wanna start a fight this is my 2cents on your comments

Originally posted by: YFZRyderMace
i am gonna have to see this quad before i believe it. There is to much stuff you said that i can actually believe. Like the exhaust system was designed to make the center of gravity lower. where is it gonna be down by the swingarm? I just dont believe all of this about the Z. But thats just my 2cents on the topic.

i dont think he means lik the exhuats is lower i think maybe because of the low senter of gravity they have to bend the pipe a certain way idk exactly just a thought if it makes ne sence to ne of u

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Let me shed a light on the situation here guys. If Suzuki/Kawasaki/Arctic Cat goes full tilt on their 450 atv it will only compete with the Yamaha 450. It will be lucky to compete with Yamaha's trail atv, the Raptor.

1st i doubt they will team up w/ arctic cat again and idk if they will w/ kawi unless its been proven cuz they were mainy talking about gust 2nd if they r saying its a "race ready" bike why should they give 2 ***** about the new raptor??? its lik a "trail ready" bike but the yfz was said to be a "race ready" bike and alot of ppl trail ride on them hell its one of the #1 bikes in XC and thats just liek trails

Originally posted by: YFZRyderMace
your just said what i have been thinking the hole time garyc660r. The suzuki might have all of this low center of gravity stuff to it but just look at the motor. How could it possibly be much better then the motor of the YFZ. Except for the fuel injection part and fuel injection takes away bottem end power compared to the carb.. I am still getting the new Raptor 700 i will just fix it up to beet the Suzuki if it wont beet it anyways

you must have not read the articale about it in the december issue of atv action
"light weight hallow type double overhead cam and 4 titanium valves( reduce reciprocating mass and more stable high rpm performance forged aluminum piston semi-dry-sump lubrication system w/ seperate crankshaft and tranny oil chambers for low placement reducing height of engine and center of gravity counter balancer shaft gear driven by magneto rotor 1 way reed vavle system between crank & tranny to reduce crank pressure and enhance overall power

o and then if the raptor if EFI why does everyone say its gonna be soo fast??

and think about it the yfz is also a race rdy bike so dont say BS lik the z450 wont be a good trail biek if u say the yfz is

Old 07-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Range Rover
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

I didn't mean that the z450 couldn't be a good trail bike. I meant being that the YFZ isn't designed to be a trail bike, although it is very adapt to it if you tune the suspension right. I meant that if the Z sits as low as they say, it would definately not be as at home in the woods as the YFZ is. By the way sweet Banshee!

Old 07-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

if all its good for is motocross stock, im glad i got the honda and yamaha. what i like about yamaha though is that they offer the parts to make it track ready. is suzuki gonna have trail ready items? i doubt it. and for the last time SUZUKI IS NOT TEAMING UP WITH KAWI ANYMORE!

Old 07-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

Can anyone post a link to credible information concerning this quad? Where is this "race ready" info coming from?

Old 07-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Range Rover
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

also if next year in 2007 yamaha puts FI in the yfz it might put it back in front if the suzuki is better and honda might FI in the 450 ethier this year or next year so its going to be a better battle.

Old 07-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Range Rover
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

when is the suzuki dealer meeting?

Old 07-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

id b very very surprised is yammi goes and makes the 450 a efi also and same goes for honda

also suzuki alrdy intoduced there 06 models so when do u all think they r gonna introduce it

Old 07-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

Why is everyone concerned with how much faster the z is gonna be? Sure with all this new stuff it will probably be ahead of the yfz (imo), but what makes this one so special is the handling. What good is speed if you can't hit a bump, or make a turn without crashing?I am sure the yfz will be in the hunt for top speed with the new z but for moto-cross i rarely see anyone break 55.

Old 07-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

If the specs are correct, Suzuki is probably making a big mistake from a marketing perspective. Out here in the east (all woods, mostly quite tight), you don't want a quad any wider than a YFZ's 46 inches. The motor could be the greates thing since sliced bread, but if you can't get through the woods, what good is the quad. I and a lot of my buddies race hare scrambles and GNCCs; a 49 inch wide quad would not be my first pick riding in PA. The prospect of having to buy new a-arms, shocks, axle, etc. to make the quad a credible ride in the East is too costly (thousands of $).

Old 07-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Can anyone post a link to credible information concerning this quad? Where is this "race ready" info coming from?
The Suzuki guys brought this information from a magazine article, don't know which one though.

Quick Reply: YFZ450 vs. Z450