Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ450 vs. Z450

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

Originally posted by: kuz28
These Suzuki guys kill me. I can't believe they got everyones panties in a bunch.

I'll say it folks. Suzuki is number 3 boys. always has been always will be. These are the same folks that had access to the 400ex for years and rolled out a quad just slightly better than it....and that could be argued because it wasn't nearly as reliable (cough-frames-cough frames).

Lets be honest. suzuki didn't win 2 consecutive GNC championships. Doug gust did. jsut like Natalie is leading today and if you want to go further than that and look at contributing factors. Than Yoshi gets the credit. A yoshi 450 is a world of diffrence from a Z400.

So these Suzuki clowns read an article and declare it faster than the the YFZ. Which YFZ? faster than and 05...maybe. Faster than the 06? no-one can say because no one owns one. infact, no one owns either one of these quads. so go back to sleep and start fantasy racing again.

Now a few of you have asked the right question? price. whats this new Z with EFI, aftermarket suspension and LT a-arms going to cost me? well it better be affordable. Think Cannondale. EFI, aftermarket suspension, aluminum frame....cost? my wallet cringes just reflecting on it.

Very few people will spend top dollar on a quad that your going to swap all that new high priced items on anyway. Don't kid yourself...the pros will not be racing stock quads. when you design stock suspension for the masses...your going to loose something. the pros will be replacing that stuff with aftermarket goodies that is dialed in speficaly to fit their needs. Doug and Jeremiah may very well ride their machines stock...but they are getting paid to. Hell, Doug Gust would race a big wheel if they paid him enough. and he would probably win. I assure you the other pros will be on suzukis with aftermarket goods.

Listen this is all good for the sport and for all of us. It just drives me nuts when kids come into a forum and start preaching about something they have never rode, seen or exists for that matter.

theres going to be alot more of this so don't get so excited or defensive. for instance:

http://thewayout.polarisindustries.c...5-6c4849cadadd

Now thats a company that has a history of adding extra goodies to their rides (ie; Hydraulic clutches). exciting stuff! KTMs introduction makes the circle complete.

heres my opinion on suzuki. they make a fine product. but they are a follower...not a leader.

Yamaha is the leader folks. their products are unique and they have demonstrated that they listen to the consumer and the pro riders. The fact that that they introduced products like the Raptor 660r and YFZ and made significant changes to these awesome products that they were selling hand over fist so soon. is proof positive that they want to be the leader and will improve their products to stay there. even if the markets doesn't demand it. That is a leader people.
thank you, i couldnt have said it better myself