Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor head pipe red hot

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor head pipe red hot

I'm not doubting you if yours is that way then its one out of probably 50 modded Rappys I've been around and its the first that does it. I just don't agree with telling someone its supposed to be that way and going on with it. I would at least recomend checking the plug and advising that its not the "norm" because like I said before I would hate to see anyone have to spend money on a rebuild because their bike was jetted wrong. I did see in your post that you did recomend that they check the plug as well... I just wanted to reiterate that. I know when I first installed the trinity pipes on my bike I was way off on jetting and had to jet up to take out the glowing head pipes. I did end up jetting it a LITTLE on the lean side because it felt a little stronger, and the pipes would glow at night about an inch down the header and I know I was a little lean.

Not trying to start a fight just trying to save someone a couple bucks by having them take the time to pull out their plug and check the jetting.

Old 07-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
Hmmmm.... I dont believe this at all. It has to be running way to lean for it to be hot like that. I have never seen a headpipe on any atv let alone all the raptors I ride with glow red hot at the darkest of night. I would say the jetting is way off.
Im betting that you dont ride dunes at night do ya??? if you do, how the heck is your pipe not glowing, on my YFZ even with a ceramic coated pipe it glows a little bit, and its jetted properly...

Old 07-15-2005, 02:24 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: TheRaptorMan
I'm not doubting you if yours is that way then its one out of probably 50 modded Rappys I've been around and its the first that does it. I just don't agree with telling someone its supposed to be that way and going on with it. I would at least recomend checking the plug and advising that its not the "norm" because like I said before I would hate to see anyone have to spend money on a rebuild because their bike was jetted wrong. I did see in your post that you did recomend that they check the plug as well... I just wanted to reiterate that. I know when I first installed the trinity pipes on my bike I was way off on jetting and had to jet up to take out the glowing head pipes. I did end up jetting it a LITTLE on the lean side because it felt a little stronger, and the pipes would glow at night about an inch down the header and I know I was a little lean.

Not trying to start a fight just trying to save someone a couple bucks by having them take the time to pull out their plug and check the jetting.
yeah i hear ya on that one.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

red hot pipes are good for one thing.... lighting a cigarette..my friends do it all the time.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Range Rover

i never thought of that! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lol

Old 07-15-2005, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RapDaddy660
i never thought of that! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lol
ya it works good and u dont even need to stick your face down there...u just hold it there and rev it up...instant smoke!

Old 07-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

lol ill have to give that a try. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]