Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Kodaik 450

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kodaik 450

Was all ready to tell my son to buy a Kodiak 450, but after reading what owners had to say about servicing them (getting to the grease fittings), I'm a little uncertain. How big a problem is this? Has anyone found an easy solution? Any chance the '06s will be better? We do our own servicing, so could be a big issue.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kodaik 450

go here

Here is a link to a thread on this problem. You can read through here and see what types of things people tried before to remedy the problem.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!
Default Kodaik 450

Dont worrie about the grease fitting issiue. If that our biggest complaint then you should be happy. It's an easy problem to fix just go to an auto parts store and get some 90 degree one. It takes about 10 min. Other than that it is without a doubt the best mid-size atv out there. It's a dependable as the sun is going to come up every morning! I ride with all brands and the Kodiak has all the features IRS,engine braking system, locking front differantal. You want find a better ATV. The grease fitting is a minor issue and is easy to solve. I assure you if you pick another atv and do a search you"ll find they have more serious problem. Just look at polaris site and see what kind of problems they have. I've got close to 1000 miles and not ont one problem and cant get stuck. It's the kodiak that pulls at my friends out of the mud. ATV television chose it as the best ATV for the most Extreme condtions! You cant make a better choice.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kodaik 450

Hey Camo I use to think I'd never get stuck till me and my friends found a swampy area out in the woods. Well we all got stuck and winched each other out so I didn't feel bad. But I never got stuck in the snow yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But this machine takes abuse let me tell you! And it is very fun to ride. I can't wait till I get some radial tires on it then it will be even more awesome. Yeah the grease fittings were an easy fix. Still can't get to the front drive shaft but not to worried about it. Like someone said. How often is it in 4 wheel drive compared to 2 wheel. Not much I agree so it should be fine for a long time.

Only thing that bothers me sometimes when riding fast and sporty like is that the front end likes to tuck under in sharp turns which makes the one back tire come up. I'm sure the radial tires will help that alot.

Plus you got that nice clunk from the rear end which is anoying but nothing to worry about. Plus a little rear brake squeaking.....

But that is the only problems. Nothing major like some 4wheelers