Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Mechanical Problems with The Raptor 700

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanical Problems with The Raptor 700

I was supposed to pick up my Raptor 700 today at around 2pm. My dealer called me this morning and said that Yamaha had called him this morning and told him not to sell the Raptor yet. Apparently there is a mechanical problem with all of the units, and he was one of only 3 or 4 dealers nationwide that recieved one. He said that Yamaha told him that only a few units got out accidentally. Yamaha would not specify what the defect was, and only said that they would get back with him on the repair, and did not give a time frame of when this would occur. I guess I'll be waiting on my Raptor after all. He said that he would call as soon as it was ready to be picked up. What a let down. Oh well, that's the way things go sometimes. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

Old 07-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer

thats kinda got to kill the excitement with a defect already. hopefully its nothing major so u can play this weekend

Old 07-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah...Bummer. This seems to happen alot more with "first year production". I am holding off till next year to buy mine. That way all the bugs will be worked out(hopefully). Until then , my Craycraft 686 will still be running strong and then I will hand that down to my son. Click here to see my videos

Old 07-15-2005, 11:15 AM
The Facility

Yamaha didn't allocate more than 8 per dealer in the initial shipment for these models, so I know for a FACT that you have been lied to and hozed by your dealer.

If you know a bit about how things work from the inside, it is much easier to see a hozing when it happens.

Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

oh and who was right about that i think i was the one that mentioned about the mech. problems before... well i'm glad they didnt give you t and have problems with it that sucks i know how it is ready to pick it up and left ya hanging, i hope they fix it for ya and you get it soon man.... sorry to hear it...

Old 07-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ItalianStallion
Yeah...Bummer. This seems to happen alot more with "first year production". I am holding off till next year to buy mine. That way all the bugs will be worked out(hopefully). Until then , my Craycraft 686 will still be running strong and then I will hand that down to my son. Click here to see my videos
ahahah love the videos man, the crash ones were funney *** hell, really liked the wifey one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: KNOWSALOT
Yamaha didn't allocate more than 8 per dealer in the initial shipment for these models, so I know for a FACT that you have been lied to and hozed by your dealer.

If you know a bit about how things work from the inside, it is much easier to see a hozing when it happens.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here, my bike is at the dealership right now. He only recieved one, and that was an accident. I know this guy pretty well, he's a really straight up guy. He told me this morning that I can come visit it all I want, I just cant take it home till he gets the fix.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: vinny3299
oh and who was right about that i think i was the one that mentioned about the mech. problems before... well i'm glad they didnt give you t and have problems with it that sucks i know how it is ready to pick it up and left ya hanging, i hope they fix it for ya and you get it soon man.... sorry to hear it...
You were deffinately correct on the mech problem. Hopefully it won't take to long to fix, thanks.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Range Rover

go to the dealer and take pics of it so some of us that havent seen 1 close up yet can check it out as wel

Old 07-15-2005, 01:31 PM
The Facility

This isn't even the thread I was replying to, or thought I was anyway. I was responding to the thread where someone mentioned that his dealer already had something like 16 of these models already on the floor. I read in this one where you are talking about a similar story. Sorry for the goof up.

By the way, I saw the pics of your new 700 in another thread. Great looking quad. It must drive you crazy to know it's right there and yet you can't take delivery yet. Just be sure to give a full ride report when you do get it home. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Mechanical Problems with The Raptor 700