Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

first atv

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first atv

banshees r crazy fast whenb modded... i guess it would b good for beginners (?)
250 ex r shaft driven.. basically they aren't really that fast.. ull want more power after a while once u get usd to it.

id go with the banshee.. take it slow.. and learn.. then modd it and ull love it.

Old 07-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default first atv

the kid doesnt even weigh a 100lbs. a blaster will haul with him on it. i rode a blaster at a weight of 250. looked funny but i learned basics and it hauled me up evey hill i tried. they are a tad on the small side but they handle awesome!!! shees are too fast for a beginer. you all say just take it slow but how many of you were takin it easy on your first quad. as a newbie you have to get into trouble to learn new skills and to learn your limits. more power just makes getting into trouble a lot faster and more painful!

Old 07-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default first atv

Originally posted by: Warrior02man
banshees r crazy fast whenb modded... i guess it would b good for beginners (?)
250 ex r shaft driven.. basically they aren't really that fast.. ull want more power after a while once u get usd to it.

id go with the banshee.. take it slow.. and learn.. then modd it and ull love it.
well said, and it will make other quad seem effortless...i would have to say the banshee is one of the most strenous atvs to ride for an extended period of time

Old 07-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default first atv

oh wait, not 100lbs? i wouldn't recommend that one for you...300ex

Old 07-24-2005, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer
Default first atv

Don't listen to the guys telling you to go with the Banshee. At 87 pounds it won't know you're on it and it'll take off without you. The 250ex is a fun little low maintenance machine very suitable for you right now but it's probably true that you'll quickly wish you had more power unless you're a mello kid. The blaster is quite a bit faster and is more comparable to a Warrior or 300ex than a 250ex. The four strokes all have reverse which is nice and the 250ex is the only one with an automatic clutch. Take all of facts and make your decision based on them. Don't just buy a machine because someone else said it's they're favorite. My favorite machine is the Rap 660 but I don't recommend it to you right now. I had 2 Warriors first and a bunch of bikes. The machines you should research and consider IMO are these: 250ex, blaster, 300ex, Warrior/Rap 350, Suzuki z250. There are a few others too in the same basic class as these but these are the main contenders.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default first atv

A 13 y/o rookie weighing in at 87lbs has no business on a Banshee. Get the Blaster, or maybe like someone else mentioned a 300EX. The Banshee is a handfull and you will be in over your head with it.